Sims 2 Ultimate EP9 crash
#1 06-03-2016 
  • Registered

.txt  ANDRZEJ-HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.22 KB / Downloads: 588) I just installed the game through Origin on my HP laptop Windows 10. The game starts up fine, but anytime I try to create a family or make a lot, it crashes and gives me an error saying Sims 2 EP9 has crashed. I did try to look the solution up on different threads, tried a few things, and can't seem to get it to work. I attached my config file, maybe you can please help me?? Smile

#2 06-03-2016 
That's odd, @pilot95. If you've installed the UC, the game shouldn't run from EP9, but from SP9. So I'm guessing that you previously played the disk-based version (including M&G) on this system, and that this stuff has not been properly removed from it. There must still be remnants of it that now interfere with your UC game.

#3 06-03-2016 
@pilot95

You are going to need to uninstall UC, and then Uninstall all your DVD's of your original game. And make sure that you clear out the registry. Hannah Bear had a similiar problem and Lee helped her to clean it out. It generally says SP9 in the config when the UC is installed properly.

Hannahbear's thread: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6983

Apart from that, did you run the Graphic Rules Maker? For some reason, that can cause a crashing problem if done incorrectly. It's hard to tell from looking at the config-log.txt that you attached - that looks fine.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option