sims2 #1
Welcome my dear friend,

Here we are once again!

You know how sometimes suddenly your sim has a memory of having met themselves? Irritating, isn't it? It can apparently be created by several flawed scenarios, some of which are of Maxoid design. One seems to be when your sim tends bar, and there may be others that I'm not directly aware of.

Now there may be several ways to deal with this silly erroneous memory, but some are tedious, and others cause undesirable, unpleasant side effects. And then there is of course my No Trash Memories that will deal with it already. But THAT mod is not to everyone's taste.
Pescado's dramafix mod is supposed to fix it too, but dramafix affects how the Drama Professors behave. If you don't want the Profs to be affected, dramafix just isn't the right fix for you! Also, I've already heard from people who didn't have Uni, that dramafix breaks their game. What, because they have no professors, they needn't fix the "Met Self" memories???

So a new dedicated fix is needed: one that simply prevents the "Met Self" memory to be generated, regardless of how it was caused. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing but. And that is what I offer here. I will point out that this mod will NOT destroy any "Met Self" memories that already exist in your game - you will have to use other means for that - but it WILL prevent new memories of this type from being added to any of your sims.

Note: this mod conflicts at least with aforementioned No Trash Memories, but then NOBODY needs both of these mods together.

Have fun, my friend.

Happy Simming,
- BO -

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - No Met Self Memories Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 325 bytes | File Name BO - No Met Self Memories.zip | # of Downloads 2,089  

Comments
#2 18-03-2016
Thanks BO!
So can we now get rid of drama fix? Or does that do other important things that we don't know about.

#3 18-03-2016
No, Jo, I'm sorry.

The dramafix does a lot more than this little fix. If you needed the dramafix to deal with certain Drama Professor issues that have nothing to do with meeting yourself, you will continue to need it for *that* purpose. And in that specific case, I suppose there is not much use for this mod.

This mod is really only useful if you *can't* use dramafix, and don't *want* to use No Trash Memories.

#4 19-03-2016
What issues? I never wanted to 'fix' my drama professors. I wish to have my lecherous, ever in love drama proff back.

This is all I see on MATY
"Prevents creation of drama professor "lost best friend" visible and invisible
memory spam and "met self" memories."

I have no idea what half of that that even means.

Sorry, that is a members only option