Problem UC Win10 Crashing with DirectX message No Log
#1 27-03-2016 
  • Registered
Hi! I was trying to fix the problems with my graphics according to your instructions. Previously, I was able to start the game, though the graphics were pretty shoddy. I tried moving and pasting things, as you instructed, but I must have fudged up at some point. When I installed the Graphics card, it was no problem. I moved on to modify and install a new video card fix, and suddenly I get the DirectX message. I tried puting back the original video cards.sgr but no luck, same error appears. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, and I'm running (hopefully) the sims 2 using that card (Not my Intel). I do have a config-log but a lot of information has disappeared... (I don't know how) I'll paste it below. Worst comes to worst, I don't mind uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, but I would like better graphics at some point. (lol) Thank you so much!!

#2 27-03-2016 
@penneay Hi Smile Please can you attach the config log as a text file?

The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.

#3 27-03-2016 
  • Registered
Here's the text file

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-379LQFEN-config-log.txt (Size: 5.5 KB / Downloads: 454)

#4 27-03-2016 
@penneay

The information in the config-log.txt disappeared because it's crashing before it writes it out. It is trying to use the NVidia card but that's what is crashing it. You can actually get good enough graphics with the Intel as well, but how about we just get it up and working again.

Step 1: Do a UC Repair. That will reset it back to what it was for both the graphics and the video cards.sgr and anything else that might have been stuffed up inadvertantly.

Step 2: Run the game, do a config-log.txt and post it up here so I can see what it's doing in it's native state.

#5 27-03-2016 
  • Registered
Here's the log after repair.

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-379LQFEN-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 470)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option