DVD WIN10 smooth edges & higher res not working
#1 27-03-2016 
  • Registered
Hi, I got a new laptop recently and installed all EPs and stuff packs. It's a dual graphics card and the game is running on the AMD R7 M360.

Problem is, smooth edges is enabled and set on low but whenever I try to set it to "more", the game crashes. It creates an exception log with the code '0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.' I've attached it below.
The main game doesn't work in windowed mode and Bodyshop doesn't work at all. Both give me the 'Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG'
Also, the resolution is currently on 1024x780 but when I set it to 1920x1080, nothing happens - it just shows the loading cursor then does the 'changes will revert in 15 secs' even though the resolution hasn't changed. I have to exit out with Task Manager.

I have used the Video Card and Graphics Rules fix from here but these problems still persist. Maybe I've done something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: managed to get the higher resolution to work but the other problems remain.

.txt  spiderhead-config-log.txt (Size: 9.91 KB / Downloads: 457)
.txt  spiderhead exception log.txt (Size: 14.61 KB / Downloads: 463)
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 02:46 PM by spiderhead.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option