[split] Hyphen - laptop - win10
#1 02-04-2016 
  • Registered
( Split off from this thread by BO )

Hi, I've been trying to get Sims 2 running on my new laptop, Windows 10

Log generated on 4/2/2016, 20:25

Everytime I try to open the game I get the Directx 9.0c warning, I've tried updating the drivers and followed your steps as best I can, anyway you can help me, please?

Thank you.

#2 02-04-2016 
@Hyphen, please do:
  • Read this post before posting in this section. It was written to be read and followed, to improve your chance of getting proper help with your problem!
  • NOT add your issue to another person's thread. This forum is open to anyone, so you can simply start your own thread.
  • in stead of pasting your log into the message, click the "FULL EDITOR" button and use the option to attach a file. Then select the log file. Pasting will cut the log short, so it's no use to anyone!

#3 02-04-2016 
What I have done is move the "Before you post " text etc into a new template that will show when a new topic is made, I will also edit the text to say DONT add your problem to someone else's topic.

#4 02-04-2016 
I'd say that that should help a lot, Lee. I didn't mind helping out, but if it isn't needed... Celebrate

#5 02-04-2016 
@leefish @BoilingOil That sounds perfect Lee. BO - I love that you help,but I'd love it even better, if you didn't have to. Smile

#6 02-04-2016 
@leefish I know the text already says to attach the log, but maybe you should also add in something along the lines of "please DO NOT copy and paste the text of your log into your post". Since this isn't the first person who seems to think that "attach" and "paste" are the same thing (and also thinks that only the first ten or so lines are necessary)?

#7 04-04-2016 
  • Registered
Right, thank you, I've now attached my log file.

I've tried all the work arounds that have been previously listed.

I'm using Windows 10 and I'm still getting the DirectX 9.0c error, anything that you can suggest that will help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

.txt  LAPTOP-JV4PVAGT-config-log.txt (Size: 9.57 KB / Downloads: 482)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option