New Problem
#11 09-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel Thanks! If that doesn't work then I'm so stumped it isn't funny.

#12 09-04-2016 
Try that - and we'll see how we go.

Just to repeat:

Right - it is easy enough to be done. I've just checked it in my game, and it works - so it will work for you.

In your Game Folders in your My documents folder - there is a folder called Config

It had a few files in there - you want to change userProps.xml

Open it up with Notepad - to do that you'll need to use the 'open with...' option. I have notepad++ and used that.
The third line down is:

<AnyUint32 key="antialiasingQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>

Change the bolded number to 0 and save. Going back into the game, you'll have anti-alias set to lowest.

The thing that will be interesting is to find out at what point the game gets the error. 0 is smooth off, 8 is smooth max. I'd be interested to find out if it crashes for non-zero numbers, or for only 8. If you're willing to test that for me?

#13 09-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel That didn't work.

#14 09-04-2016 
@hirikosaunders It was the arg message again?

You can get the Intel working yes?

What I suggest is that you go back to the Intel, using the Intel graphics rules and Video Card. I'm going to have to haunt some NVidia forums to see if there are any problems coming up for this with solutions made there.

The thing I'm noticing so far, is that it appears to be only NVidia that has this problem. I'm going to do some research and see if I can find some more info about it.

I can't promise a fix for the NVidia - it's a complex problem and one that I haven't come across in my own machine, so it's hard to duplicate. Solving it remotely is about 10x times harder.

Having the Intel as a fallback, is a good thing ™ and to be honest, the graphics are actually 'good enough' for Sims 2 using the updated Graphic Rules and Video Cards.sgr.

#15 09-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel Honestly there was a driver update that had a nasty interaction with my Sims 3 so it wouldn't surprise me that something on their end is causing the hang-up. The problem is what the heck is it. Even going back to earlier drivers didn't fix it for Sims 2, though it did for Sims 3.

Am back on the Intel. Thank you for looking into this and please keep me posted.

Thank you again and I am glad you are feeling better!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option