[split] Win10 UC Slow build/buy mode!
#1 23-04-2016 
  • Registered
I am having the same problem with my build/buy mode, and I suspect that it can be solved the same way. However, I'm having a hang up. I have all the expansions and SPs on disc form, so I downloaded the crack for M&G after removing SecuROM. The crack doesn't seem to be working, and I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact that I need the Best of Business collection CD to launch the game. Anyone have suggestions? I love building and decorating, but this constant loading is slowly killing me.

#2 24-04-2016 
@squish

That could very well be it squish. Can you post me up a -config-log.txt? that would help me work out what to do.

#3 24-04-2016 
  • Registered
I attached my config-loq.txt. My situation is slightly different than when I first posted. I decided to get the UC to find out if that could solve my problem, but I ended up using the tutorial at Sims Network to get Store Edition and get my favorite hood back. My best guess at this point is that I may need a CD crack for EP99 instead of SP9. That's where I had to go when installing the Graphics Rules Maker.

Attached File(s)
.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 469)

#4 24-04-2016 
@squish Your graphic rules is all set up ok.

Yeah- you do need the one for EP99. I have no idea where you can get that one.

The other thing you may need to do is throttle your CPU - you've got 5056.799804Mhz which is a bit fast. The game can't cope with too fast.

Go here for how to fix that for just the Sims game

#5 25-04-2016 
  • Registered
Thanks for your tip about my CPU, I had no idea! I haven't noticed any lagging other than in the catalog. I haven't had any luck with an EP99 crack, so I guess I'll suck it up and rebuild the hood I was trying to save. Hopefully when I get rid of the Store Edition it will fix the catalog issue. Thanks for your help!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option