Crash Pattern
#1 25-04-2016 
So I had another crash tonight, and what is funny is though the circumstances wren't the same (at home vs downtown) I had been playing for about the same length of time and the same time turning my comp on before going in game.

It seems to me that there might be a process hanging, taking a while to load. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I thought mentioning couldn't hurt just in case it's a clue to something.
hirikosaunders, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jul 2015.

#2 25-04-2016 
@hirikosaunders

Did you have an exception text file created? That may or may not shed light on the situation.

If there's an exception file, you need to look into the logs folder in your my documents.

#3 25-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel I can upload it, but I'm pretty sure it'll just say the same basic stuff. I just thought that it was interesting it happened at about the exact same amount of time the game had been running.

Just in case.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2016.04.24 18.33.01.txt (Size: 12.47 KB / Downloads: 524)

#4 25-04-2016 
@hirikosaunders

Yeah - I want to compare it with the previous one, to see if it is time-related, or whether it's crashing on the same part of the code.

#5 25-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel Cool. Thank you.

I also realized that the other crash happened when the computer had been in all night, not when it had just been turned on.

Do you have he other one? I can't remember. I can get it when I get home from work if you don't.

Again thanks for all the help.

#6 26-04-2016 
@hirikosaunders I thought I did - upload it again though. it'lll keep it together on the one thread.

#7 26-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel Can do.

I think that one is it. Apparently I have two more in the folder that must from messing with trying to get the nvidia card to work.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2016.04.09 14.32.53.txt (Size: 12.63 KB / Downloads: 570)

#8 26-04-2016 
@hirikosaunders

OK. It's crashing in a different place each time. Also the final data is different each time, which would suggest that its a different error each time.

What I do see is that you've got the same family each time 'White' - do you have another family you can use to go into the downtown lot? It may be that the sims data is corrupted. (Probably not, but it's worth a check).

#9 26-04-2016 
@celebkiriedhel I do and I can test sometime this weekend. I actually have a few things to test since a friend at work suggested testing another game to see if it will also crash if I play it soon after stating the computer up.

#10 05-05-2016 
@celebkiriedhel So I finally got around to testing. Went to downtown and stayed about 2 or so sim hours, with quite a few people on the lot, and had no problem. I probably should have stayed longer, but honestly I don't use downtown too much.

My teen sim did start on making a new friend,

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option