XOSTEAN - Graphic Issues from PM
#1 01-05-2016 
Xostean Wrote:I apologize for this being a random inquiry about a thread you made over 3 years ago but after spending literally the last week scouring the depths of the internet your thread is about as close to helpful as ive got, and even then it still does not work.

The reason im choosing to contact you is that we both use the same Video Cards, the 6819 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series and i was hoping you might have some insight since you seem to of managed to get it to work for you.

I'm not entirely sure how to attach files on this site (as i literally only signed up to write you this) so i apologize for posting my log to the bottom of this as opposed to a seperate text file. Any insight you may have would be GREATLY appreciated.

2 odd things i noticed that ill point out ahead of time

-As you can see the log does not state "NOT FOUND IN DATABASE" which leads me to believe it should be recognizing it yet for some reason it does not

-Under the chipset you can see that the number listed is "6818" instead of "6819" Even though under the Videocard.sfr it is listed correctly ( 0x6819 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series)

If you need me to post my Graphicrules.sfr and Videocard.sfr i can, but it is more or less the exact same. This is also being run on a windows 8.1 OS and it is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection via Origin if that helps any. Let me know what you see.

Thank you again
-Greg

config-log.txt(Click to View)

@Xostean

You don't exactly say what the problem is, I also need to know what operating system you are using and if you are using Ultimate Collection or not.

To attach stuff to the post, click on Full editor - there is a selection there to 'attach'
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 03:33 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#2 01-05-2016 
  • Registered
Ah apologies, the problem is when i start the game in full screen it gives me the error "Failed to find Directx 9c compatible graphics adapter" etc.

As for the OS like i said it is windows 8.1 and i am indeed using the Ultimate Collection

For the moment im playing it in windowed mode as that is the only way ive found so far to avoid getting that error, but im OCD and hate windowed mode haha

*Edit*

and thanks again for looking into it

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option