Sims 2 directx 9c Not Found on Windows 10 (Help!)
#1 07-05-2016 
  • Registered
Hello! I recently just got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and have been trying different methods to try and get it to work but I always get the same thing popping up.

[Image: sims%202%20directx%209.0c%20problem_zpsimpwarmv.png]

Has anyone had this issue and figured out how to resolve it?

Also I apologize for not having the config log file. It doesn't show up in my document files.

Config log txt not found
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 10:18 PM by sirwallacesims.)

#2 11-05-2016 
@sirwallacesims

That's fine - I will do what I can.

First up - I need to know - what sort of Operating system do you have? And what type of Graphics card?

That will help me narrow down the problem.

Unfortunately that error can be caused for many reasons, so it's a matter of working out which one it is.

Losnette's request has been split from this thread. Thanks to Nix and Karen for pointing out to them what they need to do[/hr]

#3 16-05-2016 
@losnlettes you need to make your own separate thread, then kiri (celebkiriedhel) will look at it for you Smile

#4 16-05-2016 
@losnlettes you also need to provide a little more information than just "I'm having the same problem." Right above the box where you wrote your comment, it says:

Quote: Before you post requesting help
Information we need
  1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Without this, Kiri won't be able to help you.

#5 17-05-2016 
@sirwallacesims

Just letting you know - I'm still waiting for you to let me know what your graphics card is.

Also
if you can do dxdiag report, that will give me some extra information.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option