TEXTURE issue/sims 2 Ultimate
#1 08-05-2016 
  • Registered
Hi, i've installed the Sims 2 Ultimate collection I fixed the Directx 9 problem by looking at this site but now I have an other issue.
I can play the game, everything is fine but I can't play it with the "Texture Detail" in high or/medium, only in Low. If I play it in in High or Medium my sim dont have face, their face is just white with coding on it, but only the face the rest of the body and hair are fine and in high texture.
The extention that I Lauch to play is Mansion and Garden.

How can i play in High texture and see the face of my sims?

Bye, and thanks!
(ps: Im french, I can write and understand english but since there is specific vocabulary here i'm sorry in advance)
Edit: -I'm on win10

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 11:50 PM by frenchG.)

#2 09-05-2016 
@frenchG

When you get a head skin that is white and covered in writing, that means it can't find the TXTR section for the head.

This would make sense if you're using a custom skin that is missing the head, but not if you're using EA built-in skins.
Which ones are you using? CC or EA?

#3 09-05-2016 
  • Registered
(09-05-2016 06:07 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @frenchG

When you get a head skin that is white and covered in writing, that means it can't find the TXTR section for the head.

This would make sense if you're using a custom skin that is missing the head, but not if you're using EA built-in skins.
Which ones are you using? CC or EA?

Hi!
Is "custom skin" a skin that you download? (if i understood), If yes, no i'm not using any custom skin, I'm using EA built-in skins, the original from the game, I didn't add anything to the game.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 05:19 PM by frenchG.)

#4 10-05-2016 
  • Registered
Anyone?

#5 10-05-2016 
Hi @frenchG. Smile Yes, a custom or CC skin is one you have downloaded and added to the game. In Bodyshop and Create-A-Sim, its thumbnail would have a little * in the upper right-hand corner.

I'm not a graphics wizard like Kiri, so I'm going to leave the the actual troubleshooting to her. She's in Australia, though, just so you're aware (if you aren't already) she's in a time zone far far away compared to us on Central European Time. Smile

#6 10-05-2016 
  • Registered
Hi @NixNivis thank you for replying!

It's ok, I'm waiting for her to make the magic happen hopefully haha!

#7 10-05-2016 
@frenchG, you're welcome. Big Grin English is my second language, too (I'm Swedish), so I know it can be difficult to decipher specific vocabulary like this, even when your English is good.

And yeah, if there's anybody who can figure out what's going on in your game and what to do about it, it's Kiri. Smile

#8 10-05-2016 
(10-05-2016 09:53 PM)NixNivis Wrote:  I know it can be difficult to decipher specific vocabulary like this, even when your English is good.

I can relate to that. As a Dutchman, I actually prefer to have Windows and all my programs - including games - installed in English, because having the correct English phrases at hand makes asking for help online a lot easier. However, as time goes by, more and more stuff only comes available in localized versions, which are woefully inaccurate. When you see a phrase like "configuratiescherm" (dutch for "configuration screen"), it's incredibly hard to remember that they actually mean "Control Panel". And that's how it goes all the time nowadays.

However, we're now veering widely off-topic. I'll shut up now Smile

#9 11-05-2016 
@frenchG Sorry for the delay - I've been having headaches and it slows down my ability to think analytically.

Yes, if you've not added anything to the game, then it is the EA skins that you are using. If you've downloaded objects - skins, mods, defaults, etc, etc - then they are called 'Custom Content' or CC for short.

If you are using a completely EA game with nothing added, then I think there has been a problem with your game installation. Either the head information or the skin information has become corrupted.

We can test this - by downloading a custom skin and putting it in game.
If the custom skin's head texture shows up - then it is the skin information that has corrupted. If it doesn't - then the head information has corrupted.

Either way, what you are probably going to have to do is uninstall/reinstall your game.

If you've put some custom content in your game - not necessarily skins, it's worthwhile to take out all the custom content and see if the problem still happens. If it does, then it's a re-install. If it doesn't - it means that some custom content is interfering with your head skins. Then you don't have to reinstall your game, you can just take out all your CC, and add bits back a little bit at a time to narrow down the corrupted version.

#10 11-05-2016 
  • Registered
Hi! Thank you for replying!

I've uninstalled and re-installed The Sims 2 Ultimate, and it worked until I tried to create a Sim, when I clicked on the "create a sim" icon it crashed "The application will terminate now".

I think there already is Thread about this so I'll search until you come again haha, and tell me what to really do.

EDIT: I actually found someong whom you responded to that had the same issue as me, and I did the exact same thing that you tell him to do and now, everything is cleared, I can play in high textures details!

THAAAAAANKS!!
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 11:50 PM by frenchG.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option