Windows 10 Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Error
#1 13-05-2016 
  • Registered
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240)

Problem: Every time I try to open up the game using nvidia graphics instead of integrated graphics, it produces a error. [Image: My1VJBX.png]
I have done the graphic rules stuff already. I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Attached File(s)
.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 516)
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 10:27 AM by Caelix3.)

#2 22-05-2016 
  • Registered
I would appreciate if someone could help me. No one has been able to figure out the problem. I noticed other threads getting answered, except mine. Did I forget to add information?

#3 22-05-2016 
Maybe nobody knows how to help you yet? Or they forgot? Someone will get to it, I'm sure.

#4 23-05-2016 
@Caelix3 Sorry - I've been sick.

You need to download these files

Graphic Rules - NVidia - Texture Fix
Video Cards - Nvidia - 139b

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Then

You need to change the Sims2ep9.exe to run as admin, and troubleshoot compatibility. You do this with the right-click menu.

This should fix your problem. If not, re-post up your new config-log.txt and we'll go on from there.

#5 23-05-2016 
  • Registered
(23-05-2016 05:58 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Caelix3 Sorry - I've been sick.

You need to download these files

Graphic Rules - NVidia - Texture Fix
Video Cards - Nvidia - 139b

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Then

You need to change the Sims2ep9.exe to run as admin, and troubleshoot compatibility. You do this with the right-click menu.

This should fix your problem. If not, re-post up your new config-log.txt and we'll go on from there.
It is alright. I didn't mean to rush you.

I did as you said and it did like it was gonna run but then it crashed.

Attached File(s)
.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 513)

#6 23-05-2016 
@Caelix3

Which folder did you put them in - your config log says that it's not using the new ones.

#7 24-05-2016 
  • Registered
(23-05-2016 08:31 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Caelix3

Which folder did you put them in - your config log says that it's not using the new ones.
OS_Install (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun With Pets > SP9 > TSData > Res > Config
OS_Install (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun With Pets > SP9 > TSData > Res > CSConfig

#8 24-05-2016 
I'm beginning to wonder, did you put the downloaded files there directly, or did you unzip them first? The latter - if I'm not mistaken - is required. If you haven't done that, the game can't read them.

#9 24-05-2016 
@Caelix3

When you put them in those folders, did you have to overwrite the original ones? If you didn't, then they didn't go in properly.

Please unzip them into that folder.

#10 25-05-2016 
  • Registered
(24-05-2016 03:18 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Caelix3

When you put them in those folders, did you have to overwrite the original ones? If you didn't, then they didn't go in properly.

Please unzip them into that folder.
Do I put the Video Cards - Nvidia - 139b in both folders? Or only config? I already tried putting it in both folders and that didn't work. There is two files that are Video Cards.sgr. One in Video Cards - Nvidia - 139b and Graphic Rules - NVidia - Texture Fix. Yes I have unzipped them before putting them in the folders.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option