Windows 8 Radeon Glitch
#1 30-05-2016 
  • Registered
Hi! I've been searching for a fix for the graphics issue I've got when seeing the beach in neighbourhood view on The Sims 2 - I use Windows 8.1 and Ultimate Collection, and have configurable graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4000 & AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series). I tried this fix - which has made my game run significantly faster - and downloaded/replaced both Graphic Rules but it still didn't affect the missing beach (which matches the featured image). When I looked for this - boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels true - Anti Alias is on! - in the config-log.txt, it was already set to: boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels false. I was going to make a new Video Cards.sgr as I have the <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> error message in the config-log.txt, but I noticed that my vendor and device names do not match, i.e.:

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Name (database): Intel® HD Graphics 4000 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0166, Board: 18a5103c, Chipset: 0009

AND

#
# ID to video card mappings
# maps the vendor id to vendor name,
# maps the card id to card name
#

#############################################################################
vendor "ATI" 0x1002
card 0x3152 "Radeon X300 Mobility (M24)"

I've already set sims2ep9.exe to run on High Performance on the AMD Catalyst Control Center. I'm not quite sure where to go from here - I've attached the config-log.txt. Sorry if there's something here that I've missed! Thank you for your help.

.txt  HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 400)

#2 30-05-2016 
@joanna2394

The reason why you're not able to use it - is because you are using your Intel card. You need to replace your Graphic rules and Video Cards sgr files with

Graphic Rules - Intel
Video Card - Intel - 0166

#3 30-05-2016 
  • Registered
I assumed that as I wanted to use the faster Radeon card, I needed to download those files - but the Intel files have sorted it! Thank you so much for your help.

#4 30-05-2016 
@joanna2394

To get the radeon card to be used, you have to swap it outside the game in a graphics panel or something. That's not something I can help you with, as I only have a single graphics card connected so am not familiar with the processes of a dual graphics card.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option