The Sims 2 UC Windows 10 crash
#1 03-06-2016 
  • Registered
Anyway, I have just got the sims 2 ultimate collection and it seemed to work fine but when I created a new sim in the CAS a message showed up saying the application has crashed and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. In the FAQ I read that I have to change the config log, but I can't find the right one for my graphic card.

EDIT- nevermind, the tutorial for doing the log myself was actually easier than I expected so I did it and I also changed the graphic rules with the ones I found on another post and now it seems to be working.. So basically this post is useless, how can I delete it?

Attached File(s)
.txt  HEYCEE-config-log.txt (Size: 15.19 KB / Downloads: 1034)
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 06:20 PM by heycee.)

#2 05-06-2016 
@heycee

You don't have to change the config-log.txt - that is needed to determine what the problem is. What you need to change is the Graphic Rules.sgr and the Video Cards.sgr.

These are the cards you need:

Video Cards - Intel - 0116
Graphic Rules - Intel

You need to unzip these two files into

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Note: It should overwrite the original ones in the folder.

That should fix your problem. If it doesn't - come back to me and upload the most recent config-log.txt from after the change so I can see what happened.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option