Sims 2 Crashes! Help!
#1 13-06-2016 
  • Registered
Not sure if I'm in the right place but hoping someone can help!

I've recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop and now whenever I play The Sims 2, it always crashes when I am creating a Sim; I can just about make one Sim but then it will always shut down.

I appreciate that you have asked for the config-log.txt but I can't find a file with that particular name and I'm unsure as to which is the correct one to upload?

Help!

#2 14-06-2016 
@sims2player

In My Documents\EA\The Sims 2\Logs folder you will find a whole lot of text files.

there should only be one that ends with -config-log.txt, it will start with the name of your PC. If you have more than one - take the most recent.

I'm not able to help you until I have the config-log.txt.

#3 14-06-2016 
  • Registered
I appreciate that you cannot help without it - I have attached below.

Thanks in advance!

Attached File(s)
.txt  TWENTY-config-log.txt (Size: 9.76 KB / Downloads: 457)

#4 04-07-2016 
@sims2player

Download these 2 files, and install them in the folders listed. That should fix your problem.

Graphic Rules - INTEL
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 0116

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Seasons\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Seasons\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option