Sims 2 UC Blocky Water. Technologically challenged
#1 19-06-2016 
  • Registered
Hi I'm having a problem with my Sims 2 UC and I saw on tumblr that celebkiriedhel said we could post here for help?
I have blocky water and I've tried to fix it myself but I'm very confused about how to fix it. I downloaded the Graphics Rules Maker and attempted to fix it. It fixed the resolution but I still have blocky water. I saw this info post but I'm so confused. I'm sure it's super easy to fix but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Can someone please help me?

I use Windows 7. I have blocky water & I don't know how to fix it.

#2 19-06-2016 
Did you check out the "Before you post requesting help" section? Kiri can not do much if you don't follow the recommendations there, the most important of which is that you MUST attach your -config-log.txt file.

#3 20-06-2016 
@RaptorSims
Hi. The blocky water is going to be fairly easy to fix. I do need to have your <pcname>-config-log.txt to do it though. That will help me to determine which video card and graphic rules files for you to use.

How to find that -

<pcname>-config-log.txt

\My Documents\EA\The Sims2\Logs\

when you are replying, Click "full editor" button below to attach a text file.

#4 22-06-2016 
  • Registered
I did read the before you post and I attached my config. Just didn't realize I had to hit add to make it attach. Guess that just proves my point at how bad I am at computers haha. I think it actually attached this time. Thanks a lot celebkiriedhel. You are a life saver.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DELTA-config-log.txt (Size: 7.72 KB / Downloads: 424)

#5 04-07-2016 
OK! To fix the blocky water:

Download these two files, and unzip them in the folders below.

Graphic Rules - INTEL
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 0416

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS
(Note: It has to be that exact folder location - if it's not there is a problem).

Once you've done that, it should be fixed. Go into the game and have a look. If it isn't fixed - upload the config-log.txt that's created after you go into the game with the new graphic rules and video cards.sgr

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option