Sims 2 directx 9 issue (Resolved)
#1 21-06-2016 
  • Registered
Hi, i'm sorry, but i've tried to follow any guides or posts I could find about how to fix this, but I just cant figure it out Sad

I'm not sure if it's just a matter of getting the game to pick up my graphics card, or not, but i've been trying.
I have a AMD Radeon HD 5700 graphics card
I have Windows 10, and an Intel core i-5-4690K CPU @ 3.5 GHz, and 8.00GB of RAM.
I know my processor is a multi-core processor, and that it may cause some issues down the road.
I went to the device manager and found the "matching device id" for my graphics card: pci\ven_1002&dev_68be
(i've been watching the other thread where someone has this issue)

I don't have the ultimate collection version. I tried to set it up in compatibility mode, and running the game as Admin, and i've tried to look at the graphics rules files and the guides on how to fix the issues ourselves and i'm just so lost.
Please help, & thank you.

Attached File(s)
.txt  BATMAN-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 484)
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2016 09:47 PM by xskeletons.)

#2 22-06-2016 
  • Registered
I downloaded and installed a no disc crack, and it got my game up and running, I am so happy to play the game finally. I'm sorry though, if I could delete this post, I would.

#3 22-06-2016 
@xskeletons: If just installing a no-CD crack made your game playable, then you most likely have a SecuROM infestation on your system as well. I advise you to check out the SecuROM Support Page.

#4 27-06-2016 
  • Registered
hmm. I don't fully understand what that is.
I'll look into it, and see what I can find. Thank you.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option