(Simple) Translation Help Needed!
#21 08-07-2016 
@justJones thank you very much for that! Big Grin You don't happen to know anyone who speaks German as well? Wink

#22 08-07-2016 
I was trying to think, but I don't think I do anymore Sad I used to know a few actually. But none of them are around anymore.

#23 08-07-2016 
(05-07-2016 01:46 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  I have very basic french -

Start Rocking is commencer à basculer.
Stop Rocking is arrêter à basculer

commencer means: to start or begin
arrêter means: to stop

à bascule "at rock" as in see-saw, rocking chair or rocking horse.

I'd double check with Poisson, but that's at least going to be meaningful for French folks even if it's not quite right.

Good.

Commencer à basculer (with an additionnal R to the end)
Arrêter de basculer (rather de than à, with the R)

Additionnally, can be added the following: "sur la chaise" (on the chair)

Commencer à basculer sur la chaise
Arrête de basculer sur la chaise

It's a bit long, and hum, it can indeed look a tiny bit dodgy, but it's grammatically correct.

Funnily enough, the word for rocking-chair in French is... rocking-chair... ^^ Have just remembered that we can also say "chaise à bascule" for rocking-chair. We say both.

to rock the baby = bercer le bébé [and certainly not balancer le bébé, which would rather mean to throw the baby (in the air) lol] Big Grin

Balancer is also to swing
and a swing is une balançoire
but that's something else ^^'

#24 09-07-2016 
@justJones it was a long shot anyway. Smile Thanks again!

@poisson great to see you! And thank you very much for your help. Big Grin A question, though: If it's a cradle I'm rocking (with a baby in it; you won't be able to rock it when it's empty), which word would be best to use then, basculer or bercer?

LOL @ "balancer le bébé!" Nope, I definitely don't want to do that. Wink

#25 11-07-2016 
Thanks for the shout out but i don't think i'm able to help you Sad
Beside english i only speak estonian - which isn't language in Sims
sorry

#26 12-07-2016 
@Oeselian Estonian isn't a language in TS2? How rude of EAxis. Dodgy Many thanks for checking in anyway!

#27 13-07-2016 
Hi Nix!! I'm excited about your project Celebrate
I pointed Amaryll (witheredlilies) this-a-way and the German translations are:
Wiegen
and mit Wiegen aufhören

#28 15-07-2016 
Awesome, Shasta! Big Grin Thank you very much - and please tell Amaryll thank you for me, too.

You know, I think this thread shows what a great community this is. Not only are people who speak another language than English helping out, but those who don't speak another language also help, by tracking down people who do. You all rock, you know that, right? Heart
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2016 09:12 PM by NixNivis.)

#29 16-07-2016 
Oh I can offer Finnish translations, to rock would be "keinuta kehtoa" (= literally "rock the cradle") and stop rocking would be "lopeta kehdon keinuttaminen" if those seem too long just "keinuta" and "lopeta keinuttaminen" work too.

#30 17-07-2016 
@digi, brilliant! Thank you so much! Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option