Sims 2 no longer works after being re-installed.
#1 05-07-2016 
  • Registered
Hi Everyone,

I have windows 10 on my laptop and my sims worked perfectly, however the exe. file for my mansion and gardens became corrupted so I reinstalled the whole thing again. When it was first installed I could load everything and could even enter a household no problem but once I started to play about with the graphics rules programme, the sims hasn't loaded properly since. I have tried almost everything suggested on the forums here, and else where, to no success

Right now when I try to load sims my whole screen squishes down to a 800x600 resolution size and then crashes (I've added a photo).

Thank you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  MSI-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.41 KB / Downloads: 404)

#2 06-07-2016 
@EttaRosa

Download these two files:
Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen size 1920x1080
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 1391

And install them into these folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Gardens\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Gardens\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

That should fix your problem.

#3 06-07-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

Thank you for your help, but the new graphics rules didn't have much effect, I still have the same error but my resolution didn't shrink this time.

I'll upload the Config log again.

Do you think a complete re-installation would help?

Many thanks

-------------

Edit:

I'm going to reinstall the Sims. I read on Mod the Sims that you can't uninstall and reinstall expansion and stuff packs when you have sims 2 deluxe, and that is exactly what I have been doing. Hopefully a complete re-install and the new graphics rules you've make for me will get the game to work.

Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  MSI-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.39 KB / Downloads: 412)
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 09:13 AM by EttaRosa.)

#4 07-07-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

Thank you! My game finally works! I had to reinstall it, and then used your graphics rules (I changed the default resolution to 1920x1080 as well), deleting caches and the userprops -

and it finally worked after 2 days of headache.

Thanks again.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 02:59 PM by EttaRosa.)

#5 11-07-2016 
Glad to hear.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option