The Sims Castaway Stories
#1 08-07-2016 
  • Registered
I wanted to play the Sims Castaway Stories. I installed it and everything was fine until the end. The box popped up and it only allowed me to read files or quit. There was no option to play the actual game. Also, it never showed up on my desktop. The only place I can find the files is C://Program Files(x86)/Electrionic Arts/The Sims Castaway Stories (the same place where all my Sims 3 and Sims Medieval are) But the file isn't located in my documents at all and I can't even search for the game. When I click the TS Bin in the program files and then click on the application. It tells me that "This application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better." PLEASE HELP ME!

P.S. I know that it is not my game because I've played this game on my previous laptop with no issues whatsoever.

UPDATE: I finally got it to work but now it is just crashing when I go into create a sim.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016 12:34 AM by maddiewonders.)

#2 12-07-2016 
@maddiewonders

Also in your game folder:
C:\Users\Stephen\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories\Logs\

There is a -config-log.txt.

Could you post that up for me - I'll be able to check what the problem is from that.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option