Can't Play The Sims Castaway Stories
#1 16-07-2016 
  • Registered
For default my laptop runs The Sims Castaway Stories on the HD Graphics 4000, but to get a better experience I'd like to run it on my Nvidia Geforce GT-630M since the Intel option doesn't allow me to use antialiasing. I always played all my games using this GPU, but everytime I try to use it for Castaway the game screen just goes completely blank, with only the sound and the stylized mouse pointer working. I've already searched in the forum and for patches, but it seems there aren't any for this game. I just wanna play my game.
PS.: I'm using Windows 10 and have the latest Geforce driver for my card.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  DESKTOP-802QVA0-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 509)

#2 17-07-2016 
@ACGarcia00

Download this graphic rules - Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix
And this videocards.sgr - Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 0de9

and install it in the castaway stories folders -

\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Also you need to go into

\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Castaway Stories\TSBin\

and select the Castaway Stories application - Right click on it to give the right-click menu
then you need to do 2 things:

1. Set compatibility to Windows 7 using 'Troubshoot Compatibility'
2. Change it to run as admin.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option