[split] Windows 10 and NVidia problems
#1 16-07-2016 
  • Registered
I tried this solution but unfortunately my game still won't run on my Nvidia card. It runs ok on my integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics but would be better on the Nvidia. I'm still researching the problem though so I'm hoping there is a fix!

#2 17-07-2016 
@Amber505

If you post up your config-log.txt I will have a look and see what I can do for you.

#3 17-07-2016 
  • Registered
Thanks Kiri.

I've attached my log from my last gameplay on the Intel and the log after I try force it to use the NVidia, which results in a Direct3D E_INVALIDARG error.

Attached File(s)
.txt  AMBER-config-log.txt (Size: 10.45 KB / Downloads: 435)
.txt  AMBER-config-log - Copy.txt (Size: 10.37 KB / Downloads: 413)

#4 17-07-2016 
For the NVidia Card you need the following:

Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 0fe4

You don't mention whether you are using UC or the DVDs, but as you're already using one of my graphic rules fixes I'm assuming that you know where to put them. Smile

That should help.

Also make sure you are running it in admin mode, you've done troubleshooting compatibility (Windows XP compatibility for Windows 7, Windows 7 compatibility for Windows 8,10)

#5 18-07-2016 
  • Registered
Thank you Kiri! This has made my game playable on the NVidia at least.

What I had to do once I'd put those graphics fixes in was go in the game using integrated graphics and turn smooth edges all the way down. I can then force it to use the NVidia and my game will load up just fine when running the .exe as admin (not in windowed mode) and I can turn smooth edges back up. Presumably if I turn it back down again before I quit the game, it will avoid the swapping graphics cards part but I'm still playing around with it at the moment.

I've read about smooth edges being a problem with NVidia and Windows 10 but I would rather do that than have it run on the Intel graphics all the time.

Thanks for your help!

#6 19-07-2016 
As long as you are happy to do that, we're good. Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option