Problem with the quality of my graphics game
#1 02-08-2016 
  • Registered
Hi Kiri, I played Sims 2 since the beginning, but 4 months ago a windows update changed all my graphics settings. I fixed it, but the graphics are not like before, now are wrong. I have an HP model h8-1110es Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, with windows 7 Home Premium and 12 GB or RAM. Also a 64 bits system. My Graphic card is an NVIDIA Geforce GT 545. I've tried installing the graphic rules maker, changing things following tutorials, but nothing. I am spanish, so my english is not enough good and I am lost with so many ways to correct the problem... I hope you can help me please!!!! I send you my graphicrules.sgr and the videorules.sgr. Thanks in advanced and I will wait patiently. Jaume.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 34.35 KB / Downloads: 403)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 26.68 KB / Downloads: 414)

#2 03-08-2016 
@kalimero78

Hi. I need your (pcname)-config-log.txt to be able to work out what the update broke (although I think I know what it did). The graphic rules and video card.sgr are not what I need.

How you can get the config-log.txt file:

In the File Explorer
1. Go into My Documents\EA\The Sims2\Logs\
2. Sort the list by clicking on 'Date Modified' heading
3. The config-log.txt will be at or near the top of the list.

Upload this file and I will fix your game.

#3 03-08-2016 
  • Registered
Hi Kiri! I'm so sorry, as I told you my english in not enough good and I am always confused about some things, and I'm scared of trying to modify something and make crash my game... I upload the config-log now, and thank you so much for your quick response. Ah!, and I am Kalimero at MTS if you want to know about my creations and I have a blog http://kalimero78.livejournal.com. Thanks again in advanced for your help. Jaume.

Attached File(s)
.txt  JAUME-HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.22 KB / Downloads: 404)

#4 04-08-2016 
@kalimero78

No worries at all. You are doing fine.

These are the files you need:
Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen size 1920x1080
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 1243

If you have the CD/DVDs - they will need to unzip them into these folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

If you have Ultimate Collection - then they will need to be unzipped into these folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

That should fix your problem for you.

#5 04-08-2016 
  • Registered
Hi Kiri! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot! Now everything goes right, I've saved your modified files like a treasure in my pc! hehehehehe. So thank you so much again and happy simming!!!!!!!

#6 05-08-2016 
You're welcome. Big Grin

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option