UC with Windows 10: Greyed-out Edge Smoothing
#1 03-08-2016 
  • Registered
Hello! I've already replaced my graphics rules file in both Config and CSConfig with an updated Intel one already to fix other issues I had with the game. I just want to fix one more thing with the edge smoothing because it's greyed out. I also attached the -config-log.txt. Any help is appreciated! Thanks Big Grin

.txt  YAZ-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 398)

#2 04-08-2016 
@Basmati

Hi, it looks like you picked the wrong graphic rules. The reason why your smooth edges is still greyed out is that you have a problem with finding your texture memory. Generally this problem is caused by a windows update. Your Video Card.sgr isn't set up either, and if you have Windows 10, that will cause problems so I've attached that as well.

To fix the problem you need:

Graphic Rules - INTEL - Texture Fix
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 0a16

You need to unzip them in these folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

This will fix the problem for you.

#3 05-08-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
Hello, Kiri! I did as you said and now a little window is popping up and game won't load. Sad An image of the window is attached.

Attached File(s)
.docx  S2- Window Popup.docx (Size: 731.36 KB / Downloads: 408)

#4 05-08-2016 
@Basmati

can you check if you have a config-log.txt set up for that? If you do then please upload.

#5 06-08-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
I found the same file but named differently than the one I sent you before. It's the one attached. Thanks Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  YAZ-PERSONALPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 393)

#6 06-08-2016 
That one was generated the 5 Mar. We want one that was generated more recently... if we can. so 5-8 aug.

If you sort your files by clicking on the heading that says date modified - you'll be able to pick which one is most recent.

#7 08-08-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
Hello, again Smile Here's the updated file:

Attached File(s)
.txt  YAZ-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 5.5 KB / Downloads: 397)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option