[split] Sims2 UC and Windows 10 CAS Crash
1. You are using the wrong cards. These are the cards you should be using.
Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen size 1920x1080
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 139b
The ones you've currently got in there don't allow for the texture fix which is what you are missing.
2. Can you link me to the forum and post where you got the files to allow you to install the expansion packs - it sounds like there may be a problem with them. not being able to add those sub-hoods means that although you have added the expansion packs, your game is not acknowledging them so for all intents and purposes you might as well not have installed them. It recognises EP7 which is Freetime it doesn't have a sub-hood, although it does have secret lots. You can't load Uni, Vacation or Downtown hoods - do you have any icons at all on the upper left hand side in hood view?
3. When you downloaded WinRar and installed it, did it give you a dialog window about what it was installing and whether it would add a file handler? It sounds like you may not have installed it correctly. Probably the easiest way to deal with this is for you not to worry about WinRar.
4. What operating system do you have? It doesn't look like you have Windows 10 in the config-log.txt although you've' appended this to a Windows 10 thread. Depending on what Operating system you have, I'll set the files up in a format that can be installed by your O/S.
1. I downloaded both of those files. Now do I put them both in the Config and CSconfig under Program Files-EA GAMES-The Sims 2 Freetime- TSData- RES? In your other feed you said that the girl needed to extract the files by selecting "extract here". I did not have that option so I assumed I needed Win RAR. I have WinZip downloaded as well as Win RAR (64 bit).
That is the link to the forum that helped me download the expansion packs. The original issue was that I would get all the way through installation of an expansion pack and then it would ask for Disk 4 of the original Sims 2 game to check that the product was updated. I followed the fix to override the original Sims 2 files and then the expansions downloaded. If I need to completely undownload everything and start over I will not be upset, I just want my game to work and appreciate ALL of your help! The only icon I have in the top left corner is the option to choose a different neighborhood. It does not have any of the symbols with the plus sign like it should. However, when I enter a neighborhood it asks me if I want to add a vacation destination for my sims in a pop up window and it will allow me to add them that way, but it only does it for Bon Voyage. Additionally, I have all of the extra stuff, for lack of a better term, to accompany the expansion packs. In the commercial buildings I have the roller skating rink, various H&M stores, and the new houses that accompany the expansion packs. When I am in the neighborhood viewer some neighborhoods show snow because seasons is downloaded...
3. I don't remember it giving me that dialog box, but when I download files and open them, they open in either Win RAR or WinZip. If I don't have to worry about them that would be fabulous. Technology is not my strong point, as I'm sure you can tell!
4. I do have Windows 10. I just purchased this computer (MSI GE72 Apache Pro) a few days ago so I assumed it was updated. To be sure I pressed the windows home button, went to "About your PC", and under edition it said "Windows 10 home". I have not tampered with that configuration log so I have no idea why it would not match.
The girl previously, was just putting the compressed file in the folder without decompressing it.
To be honest, the fact that you have already got the original files in your game suggests that you are able to uncompress files without having to download extra things.
Thanks for the link to the thread. I'm going to study it somewhat because I can see that there is a few things in it that suggest that it doesn't work properly for everyone.
Also? When she says install them in no particular order? Not a good idea.
We'll start with sorting out the graphic rules.sgr and video cards.sgr and see where we can go with that first. Then we'll sort out the game. I'm busy today but will look at it tomorrow.
I also forgot to mention that upon loading the game I get the warning message. For some reason it won't let me screenshot the sims but I'll try to describe it the best that I can. It says "We have discovered customized or modified content is enabled in your game. Modified content can cause conflicts with your game which may result inunwanted game behavior." The content they have listed is "objects.package, objects.package (With yellow warning triangles with a black exclamation point inside), HO5.bundle.package, H05.bundle.package". It then gives me the option to enable or disable custom content. I have tried running it with both options and I don't notice a difference. This happened when I did the expansion pack "fix" from the thread I linked you to. I do not think it would cause my game to be a never ending loading screen, but I figured the more information the better!
Before you post requesting help
Information we need
-config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
- Your operating System.
- What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.