Flashing Pink Windows 7
#1 14-08-2016 
For a good year now, my game has been getting the flashing pink problem on and off. Sims, meshes, entire buildings sometimes, will start flashing in pink/purple. It used to happen when my game had been open a long time, and on lots where I was straining it with lots of Sims all at once, so I assumed it was my graphics card starting to break down (had other graphic-related problems with other programs). This summer I decided to invest in a new graphics card. I got an AMD Radeon R9 380 Strix. Unfortunately, it did not improve things at all, instead it's gotten worse. Happens quicker, and affects more items at once now. I did my best to google and look myself for a solution, but I could not find anything so I thought I'd better consult the expert.

I still use the files you told me to use in my previous problem (old thread), which I suppose might be stupid since it's a different card now. If I should switch them out, I'd be very grateful for pointers on what I should be using now, if anything Smile

Sorry for not doing a better job of figuring this out myself, I feel like I really ought to be able to but for some reason graphics stuff confuse me to no end. This time I've included the config log, if there's anything else missing let me know and I'll fix it Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOPIOR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.19 KB / Downloads: 377)
gummilutt, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jun 2013.

#2 16-10-2016 
A little update. Gayars was kind enough to help me use the graphics rule maker to make the game recognize my new graphics card, setting the texture memory to what my card has. So the game should be recognizing my card properly now. Unfortunately it did not fix the flashing purple, but I'll add a new config log just in case the change affects it somehow Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOPIOR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 343)

#3 11-11-2016 
download Radeon card 6939

You don't say if you use the UC or the DVDs. So the folder location could be either

Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

or

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Put them in both folders

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option