<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
#21 01-03-2020 
@Sheerio895 No two issues are ever the same and you should be starting a new thread.

However, if you had done any reading you would have found you need to edit your video cards.sgr. And look, a link to show you how. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882

#22 05-12-2020 
  • Registered
Hi i started having problems with the sims when i delete the thumbnail cache files. Everything works fine except the Cas, the BodyShop and when I try to buy clothes. I have the graphic rules (INTEL) in my game (I downloaded a year ago when my game has the flickering glitch) but now isn't working.
I tried to download others graphics rules from this page but none worked for me.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-SOTL8JI-config-log.txt (Size: 8.05 KB / Downloads: 235)

#23 05-12-2020 
Download the new version of GRM and run it. Also please attach a dxdiag because it's questionable if your pc can play sims.

#24 05-12-2020 
  • Registered

Hi, today i could run CAS normally but my game crash because of my antivirus start scanning my pc.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 80.58 KB / Downloads: 253)
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020 06:55 PM by butterfly.)

#25 05-12-2020 
Your pc isn't strong enough to run games. It appears to only have 2gb of ram, which w10 uses most of. And the 1.6gz is also not enough to run the game. It's no wonder it's crashing.

#26 18-04-2022 
  • Registered
Good day! Smile
I am very sorry for possibly necroposting but I don't know where to put it elsewhere. If I am wrong here please show me the correct thread for this.

I researched a bit but I wasn't able to find a proper solution for my problem or nothing works (I tried the solution in this thread with the files in the config folders but it didn't work).
I reeeaaally want to play Sims 2 again and I have the Ultimate Edition in Origin. I also have Windows 10 now. But when I try to start the game, it mostly crashes when it's done with (or while) the first main loading screen (the one before you can choose a neighbourhood.)
I already tried changing the compatibility to all different Windows versions, like XP, different Service Packs, Vista and 7. I also started as Administrator.

I attached my -config-log.txt. I also attached this Exception file, which was generated when Sims 2 crashed. I don't know if it's helpful or not.

I thank you very much in advance for your patience! Smile)
Kind regards
.txt  DESKTOP-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 19.6 KB / Downloads: 114)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2022.04.18 00.46.35.txt (Size: 17.83 KB / Downloads: 98)

#27 18-04-2022 
@Nirana, Hi and welcome.

Here at Leefish.nl, we're not too uptight about necromancy, so don't worry about it. You were, however, already in the correct board, so you could just have posted a new thread. And even if it were in the wrong board, we would've moved it for you without making a lot of fuss about it.
Posting the .exception file usually serves no purpose, though, unless someone specifically asks for it. Because very few players understand what's happening in those files anyway.

However, your config-log.txt indicates that your machine has only 2GB of memory. I'd like to see a DXDiag.txt to confirm or deny this. If you have more 4GB or more (preferrably more), then you'll need to get a 4GB patch.
And there is a good chance that if you download and run the latest version of Graphic Rules Maker, your <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>> issue will be cleared up automatically.

#28 18-04-2022 
  • Registered
Hello @BoilingOil, thank you so much for replying that fast! Smile

Your reply was very helpful already, thanks for this! The <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>> issue was indeed cleared now thanks to your advice. Smile This made the game load (or at least beat the first loading screen)! But it booted in a horrible solution which wasn't before (I may have made a different solution setting in the files a long time ago and now it obviously resetted to the old horrible solution) but that's not the main problem, because now I encountered other problems.

When I start a neighbourhood, either one of the original neighbourhoods or my own, it stays around 5 minutes in the loading screen and then it suddenly crashes. In original neighbourhoods it started creating all the stuff like "Pets, Magic, ..." and in my neighbourhood (which is a big one) it didn't even start to create those things - it simply crashed after 5 minutes without loading screen process.

I also tried the 4GB patch, I simply googled it and used the patch I've found. This one: https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=75771
But all it does now is to... simply do not start. No change at all. I press "yes" if my computer asks me, if I want to start the program, then it strangely asks me a second time and I press yes. And all it does after that is to put the Origin window in the foreground, as if it's trying to execute something, but absolutely nothing else happens.

I am also very sure that I don't have only 2GB of memory (that's why I tried the patch in the first place), I attached the DxDiag.txt to this post. Smile

Thanks again for your patience, I'm pretty sure you're sending me down the right tracks here! Smile
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 143.98 KB / Downloads: 112)

#29 18-04-2022 
Hi,

At first, looking at your DXDiag, I thought: yeah, 32 GB RAM is more than enough!
But then I see that both of your graphics cards already have 8GB of their own VRAM, but that they're each granted 16 GB of shared memory as well. Nobody needs 24 GB per video card for this game. And with two video cards, that means that ALL 32 GB of your RAM is used for texture memory. Which means the game itself gets no memory at all, and can therefor not run.
In GRM, find the setting to decide on the Graphics Cards' texture memory and limit it to 8192 GB for each card.
I don't know if your game will run properly after this change. But I *do* know that if there is still a problem, it will not be about the memory.

Other people will have to help you further, because I don't know everything, alas.

#30 19-04-2022 
  • Registered
Hello @BoilingOil,

thanks again for your answer! Smile
Unfortunately I didn't manage to fix the issue. I set the "Force texture memory" to 8192Mb, I couldn't find any other options to adjust. When I now want to start the game it tells me "Couldn't find any DirectX 9.0c-comatible graphics adapter on this computer". I have now idea what's that supposed to mean now, I'm pretty sure I have everything which should be enough for running this game, apparently the main problem is scaling everything down. Rolleyes
If there's nothing I can do anymore, I think I might just switch to an older computer and install good old Windows 7 again. Big Grin

But I really want to express my gratitude for you trying to help me with all your knowledge. Smile It already did more than before, that's enough to make me happy!

I wish you all a wonderful rest of the week and I'm sure I'm back as soon as I get an old computer and Sims 2 running again and encounter the next bugs and glitches I can't deal with. Big Grin
Kind regards!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option