<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
#11 02-07-2019 
  • Registered
My issue with playing UC through Origin is that the game freezes for a few seconds every now and then. I downloaded the Intel graphic rules from another thread here, and I updated the video file so that my graphic card is in the database. I tried the 4GB patch but the free memory is still way lower than 4096, so that might be an issue too. The issue must come from here since it still persists without user files. Do I need another set of graphic rules? How can I patch the game without it being removed from Origin? (Moving the patched .exe to CSBin removes the game from Origin so I have to download again...)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  XPS13-MATILDA-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 336)
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019 05:02 PM by matildrao.)

#12 04-07-2019 
If you want to play, and get AWAY from Origin, PM me

#13 31-01-2020 
  • Registered
Hello!

I'm sorry to revive an "old" thread, but since my problem is basically the same, I thought I'd give it a shot

Basically I have 2 graphic cards, and even though on my log the NVIDIA is the one selected it isn't found. I have Graphic Rule Maker and it says that NVIDIA is disconnected. However my device manager tells me that it is enabled, and all the pilots seems to be up to date. I installed the video cards and graphic rules fixes in the two places, but it doesn't seem to work (also I am perhaps mistaken, but since these are named Intel fixes , perhaps it does not apply to NVIDIA ?)

The 4GB Patch is ... not working but I mean I pretty much gave up at this point because I tried for such a long time to make it work.

To be clear, the game does not crash but is just dead ass ugly. I'll try to take a shot but I have grey tiles on the back left on my screen (that sometimes simply hide things on the screen), water are blue tiles, that kind of stuff, it is just very frustrating. I know the card that I have ( an NVIDIA GeForce 930 MX) is far from perfect for this game, but I mean I at least want to see if it works using it!

BoilingOil said to update VideoCards.sgr files, but I wanted more precisions about this solution before trying it. I suppose I have to edit both files, and I'm not sure what Nvidia section refers to. Could you please describe me exactly what I should edit?

/!\ I'm running Windows 10 and have the disk version of the game. My latest EP is Appartment (EP8)

I'm linking my game log, if you have time and seems to see a problem that I haven't seen, or have any idea ressembling a solution I'd appreciate it! Thanks you to all and haved a nice day!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-3TLA0F4-config-log.txt (Size: 10.26 KB / Downloads: 284)
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2020 01:02 AM by Funderberker.)

#14 31-01-2020 
First of all: we KEEP saying it... DON'T use Graphics Rules Maker if you're on Windows 10, because it does NOT work well. It may even break things!!!

Quote:Basically I have 2 graphic cards, and even though on my log the NVIDIA is the one selected it isn't found.

The videocard being found in the database has nothing to do with it being selected. It must be ADDED to the database for it to work right, but it can still be selected, even if it isn't in the DB.

Quote:BoilingOil said to update VideoCards.sgr files, but I wanted more precisions about this solution before trying it. I suppose I have to edit both files, and I'm not sure what Nvidia section refers to.

"NVidia section" refers to the part of the Video Cards file where all the known NVidia graphics cards are stored. It starts with a line in which the words "vendor" and "NVidia" are mentioned. It The precise line to look for may look something like this:

Code:
vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de

Quote:Could you please describe me exactly what I should edit?

Sure, I'll explain it AGAIN. No problem. Here is the section from the log-file that we will use to help us figure out how to expand the database.

Quote:Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce 930MX
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce 930MX <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Kiri: Hardware rendering is enabled
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 134e, Board: 83a1103c, Chipset: 00a2

As you can see, it contains:
the NAME of the card: NVIDIA GeForce 930MX --- (we need this to give the card the right name in the database)
the vendor: NVIDIA --- (this is what we need to search for to find the right section in the file)
the device number: 134e --- (this is what we use as card number)

All you have to do, is to open the file Video Cards.sgr in the Config folder, find the section that handles all the NVIDIA cards, and add a new line in there that contains all the required information. After the line
Code:
vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de

you add a single new line, and you type
Code:
card 0x134e "NVIDIA GeForce 930MX"

And as you can see, that just copies the device number as "card" and the name of the video card itself.
Now save the file, and then copy it from the Config folder to the CSConfig folder, and your work here is done. Now the card is in the Database, and the next time you run the game, the log will be changed to remove the text "<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>".

This doesn't fix all issues, but at least now your game knows which card to use, and how to use it.

I hope that this helps. Good luck.

#15 31-01-2020 
  • Registered
Eesh... sorry about making you repeat it, I indeed found other threads relating to the same issues where you explained it, but I just had been trying for hours, and being tired, I posted on the first post I found. My bad.

Well now, the "NOT FOUND IN THE DATABASE" is gone, but having the GPU Activity Icon on, I could see the game was not rendered by it. The graphics are still really bleh. Guess I'll just play it that way until I can afford a proper laptop and graphic card that goes along with Sims 2 settings.

Just for science, I'm linking this screenshot of my game to explain what I mean by "grey tiles or black tiles that can obstruct the game", because I did not encounter on the net other people who had that kind of glitch. I'm also searching if it is not Windows 10 which don't want to use NVIDIA for whatever reason (based on what I saw, it is a common issue, but since other old games I had never pulled that trick on me, I thought this was Sims 2 related).

I'll let you know, thanks again for the quick answer.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#16 31-01-2020 
No, don't you worry about making me repeat it... there are so many threads about similar issues, and I've explained the process in only two or three of them. So it's easy to miss it. I don't blame you.

Yeah, I see you have quite some more trouble now. As I said, having the video card being recognized in the database doesn't fix a lot.
Sadly, though, I cannot help you with the rest, because I do not run Win 10 and I know very little about graphics cards in general. I hope some others here will read this and know ways to help you.

Good luck, @Funderberker.

#17 01-02-2020 
  • Registered
Hey BoilingOil, don't worry, your indications did help me, I managed to make the game use NVIDIA card (like I said: the log first indicated it uses NVIDIA, then it switched to Intel and now it indicate NVIDIA for good after 3 consistant reboots, and the GPU Activity Icon confirms it) (I think it had to do with me trying to lower the 3D settings in the NVIDIA panel because I thought that it was too high and that was why the game did not work.) The graphics are better. I still have that weird glitch of which I posted a picture earlier, it took me time to realise but these are the Seasons Icons on the Sim Menu. No idea why they're like that, if you put the mouse on them you can still see like how many days you're in the season. Since it does not make the game unplayable I'll move on with it.

Thanks again for the patience and clear indications, I can finally play after a year of abstinence

#18 04-02-2020 
i need more help do i need to add anything
.txt  document.txt (Size: 22.97 KB / Downloads: 284)

i need more help

Attached File(s)
.txt  document.txt (Size: 22.97 KB / Downloads: 286)
.txt  LAPTOP-K1DL81U7-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 283)
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 12:19 AM by simsbabe.)

#19 04-02-2020 
Since your config-log does NOT show the "<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>>" message, there is no addition to your Video Cards.sgr required.
You may need more help, but NOT in THAT file.
Also, next time you must tell us what your problem is, because we are neither mind-readers nor clair-voyants. I can see that you have the 32MB texture memory problem, but not everyone may notice that.

So, instead of your Video Cards.sgr, we will need your Graphics Rules.sgr file. And please, do NOT change the name of the file again. You can change the .sgr part to .txt so it can be attached, but do NOT change the "Graphics Rules" into something else, like you did with the Video Cards. Because that can become confusing.

Also, we need you to run the DXDiag.exe program, save its report, and attach that report to your next message as well. Then we will see what we can do to help you.

#20 01-03-2020 
  • Registered
im having the same problem getting the directx 9 error and the not found in database and i really want to play sims 2 again
help would be much appreciated

thank you in advance

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 97.88 KB / Downloads: 391)
.txt  DESKTOP-00G8SHP-config-log.txt (Size: 9.71 KB / Downloads: 298)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option