VMware 3D running Windows 7 host
#1 23-08-2016 
  • Registered
Hello,
I'm new on this forum.
On reading the quality of your answers, thank you for your unwavering commitment.
Following a failure of the family computer, I installed the Linux operating system that is running vmware workstation 12.
Before the desperation of my daughter, I try to run the Sims 2 on this platform. In the file "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr" I've stated an entry to the seller "VMware, Inc." 0x15ad; with this seller, I have created an entry for the pseudo 3D graphics card: card 0x0405 "VMware SVGA 3D".

As you can explore the LOG attached file, I have no more the message which indicates that graphics card is not recognized. However, I am gratified with a mistake "Runtime Error R6025" !

Do you have any idea what I can change again ?
Respectfully,

Attached File(s)
.txt  RUBY-config-log.txt (Size: 10.03 KB / Downloads: 474)

#2 23-08-2016 
As far as I'm aware the Sims2 doesn't run on VM via Linux. Sad

I'm not well at the moment, so I'm not able to help you now, but if you're ok with waiting I will look into things once I'm better.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option