Crashes on CAS
#1 07-09-2016 
  • Registered
I was able to get past the point where it would freeze on loadup. It runs in Vista compatibility mode (windowed) and makes it to the neighborhood. But when I click to create a sim, it freezes before I can even see my sim and I get the message that it has to close.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Gateway laptop with an Intel Pentium graphics card.

.txt  LROOMLAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 414)

#2 11-09-2016 
  • Registered
Is anyone able to help at all? Do I need to provide more information?

#3 12-09-2016 
Kiri is the only person who's working on this, and she's sick ATM (see here). I'm afraid you're just going to have to be patient until she gets better. (In the meantime, are you running the game as admin? I'm no expert by any means, but I do know that running as admin is crucial.)

But props for reading the instructions and posting your config log without having to be prompted! Big Grin You wouldn't believe how many people somehow miss that part.

#4 13-09-2016 
  • Registered
Yeah running it on admin. Thanks! I'll hang in there more. Thanks for letting me know. Smile I got this bookmarked so I'll check in occasionally.

#5 13-09-2016 
Great that you're running as admin, that's one thing less for Kiri to ask for when she gets back. Unfortunately, it also means I'm flat out of ideas (even though I'm reasonably computer savvy, when it comes to Sims, I just play and mod), so all we can do is wait for Kiri. Sad

Sort of. I know that others have come here with similar problems to yours - Win 10, crashes in CAS - and that Kiri's set up graphics and video card rules that's fixed it for them. There are a lot of threads in this forum, I know, but if you have some time to kill whilst waiting for Kiri to return, you could always try looking at some of the other threads here (some don't have very descriptive titles, but many do). With any luck, you'll find someone who's already got the fix you need. It's just a suggestion, though. Smile Otherwise Kiri will look into it when she's fit for fight again.

#6 18-09-2016 
  • Registered
So I tried using the fix from here:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6881

I found the correct card and downloaded it and placed it into the folder as it instructed.

I now get this error:
[Image: Capture.png]

Yeah IDK what to do now. I really dont want to re-download it all again.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 08:32 PM by mangecur.)

#7 21-09-2016 
That's a new one, or at least one I haven't heard about before. You're sure you got the right files for your card and game version (discs vs. UC)? Because the "or some required files have been deleted" part makes it sound to me like your system isn't recognising the files you've put in - but I could be wrong. (BTW, did you make a backup of your old graphics card.sgr and video card.sgr before installing Kiri's? You did, right?)

Yeah, I think we'd best wait for @celebkiriedhel. We need her magic.

#8 22-09-2016 
  • Registered
Yeah I double checked it was the correct one and everything is restored now. I may try my hand making my own if I have the time but I'm not sure it'll wield different results. Sad

#9 11-10-2016 
  • Registered
I tried making my own and ended up with the same problem. I must be doing something wrong. Sad

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option