video card fix request
#1 20-09-2016 
  • Registered

.txt  LAPTOP-NBBPMD7B-config-log.txt (Size: 9.59 KB / Downloads: 414)
Hi, I've just bought a new laptop that runs on windows 10 and I've just downloaded the Sims 2 UC through Origin. When trying to launch it, I get an error message saying that it failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system. I was looking around through all the threads to see if there was a work around for this, and bumped into the thread that says about a video card fix...

I opened up/My Documents/EA Games/The sims 2/Logs/my <computername>-config-log.txt

and I get the message for Name (database): Intel ® HD Graphics 520 <<NOT FOUND IN dATABASE!>>
So it says that I need the fix, but I looked for the video card fix that includes the chipset device Number but it's not available, so it says to make your own or open up a thread to get one made for us... and well I am not good with Computers at all, and was wondering if it would be possible if you could make one for me? I would so much appreciate it.
If possible it would be great if I could get a step by step on how to install the card fix...I really am scared to mess up my computer if I don't do it right. Sorry if It's a lot to ask but I am desperate to get the sims 2 UC to run on my laptop!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option