Creating toybox with custom toys
#1 02-10-2016 
Hi guys,

I've been trying to create a toybox with custom toys, instead of the regular Maxis toys, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it...
What I've found so far is a BHAV called "Create Toy (sets toyBox --> ToyObjID)", with lines 'Create new object instance'. My hunch is that replacing these GUIDs will link the toybox to the custom toys. However, I can't figure out how to localize this BHAV properly. I know it's called by a BHAV "Event - Get Toy from Box", but that one in turn isn't called by the pie menu functions, or by the Main/Init BHAVs.

I've cracked open Lee's garage, as it does something similar, and found the same thing. It's a mystery to me how these Event BHAVs work. I also noticed Lee edited the object animation text strings to include the unique instance number [name-date-randomnumber].

Could someone please enlighten me about Events, what they do and how I can change them? Or point me in the right direction? Thank you Smile
Klaartje, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Sep 2013.

#2 22-10-2016 
It's called by the animate primitive. You put the instance number of the Event BHAV in boxes 4 and 5. And backwards, of course, like with GUIDs.

#3 12-02-2017 
Thank you so much! I know this is ridiculously late, but I never managed to figure it out until now. Thanks for providing the vital clue Smile

#4 15-02-2017 
I'll be happy to test it for you, when you're finished!Smile I'm getting tired of the current offerings.

Sorry, that is a members only option