How do you guys include correct information for TS2 downloads?
#1 02-10-2016 
Long title, probably vague as hell, but I'm not sure how else to word my question. I will try again anyway.

How do you guys include the correct info for the TS2 CC/uploads you create? How do you know which expansions or stuff packs a person will need to have the content show up in their game correctly? Same question for custom content you have downloaded.

Is that a little better? IDK. Help!

#2 03-10-2016 
If you're uploading a lot the downloader must have the same game configuration as you to download it otherwise it could cause game crashes when they try to play their game. If it's so that you can recolour an item then you can use a cheat to find out what items came from what game boolProp ShowCatalogePFlags [true/false]

#3 03-10-2016 
Correct.

And if it's a mod (if you ever do those), you need to figure out from which object.package you took the BHAVs to work with. And then you need to find out if older or newer versions of those BHAVs are different, or if they even exist. Because that may limit the EP/SP range (both the minimal and maximal requirements) that people should have to use your mod.
And in the case of a modded object, you similarly need to find the first EP/SP that contained the original object you based it on. Because THAT defines what packs the downloader at least needs to have to play with your item.

#4 03-10-2016 
(03-10-2016 12:54 AM)Karen Lorraine Wrote:  If you're uploading a lot the downloader must have the same game configuration as you to download it otherwise it could cause game crashes when they try to play their game. If it's so that you can recolour an item then you can use a cheat to find out what items came from what game boolProp ShowCatalogePFlags [true/false]

I will remember that cheat for future use. But how do you remember which expansions/stuff packs a person will need for the lot? Like on MTS they show you which games you need to download (attached).

That's a lot of flabberfarg to remember by yourself.

#5 03-10-2016 
What Karen said. They will need all the expansion packs and stuff packs you have installed when building the lot. It doesn't matter whether you've actually used the item, it has to do with the game engine.

Sorry, that is a members only option