Slow blurry camera after windows 10 update and rollback. Anyone know why?
#1 06-10-2016 
  • Registered
So my game was running very well on windows 10 previous to the recent update. Fast loading, very smooth, no problems.
Two weeks ago windows installed the anniversary update without asking me. After it was finished I went to play ts2 and found that the camera had become slow and and blurry. There are no other problems, actual gameplay isn't laggy, only the camera movement is. The strange fuzzy, choppy blur irritates my eyes and gives me a headache so I am not able to play much at all. I closed the game and decided to roll back windows to the previous version before the update, thinking that would fix it.
Here's where it gets strange. After rolling back the problem is STILL THERE. I can't figure it out. My video cards.sgr is edited to include my graphics card and I have a graphics rules.sgr downloaded from here. I've tried changing various settings in the nvidia control panel (although I really don't know what I'm doing) and nothing seems to help, except that it seems I can either choose between having rough edges and a smooth camera or smooth edges with a slow blurry camera. This can't be right though, because before the update/rollback I had very smooth edges and no camera lag or blur. Does anyone have any idea why this could be? I'm baffled.

Attached File(s)
.txt  VIDEOPOLIS-config-log.txt (Size: 10.41 KB / Downloads: 397)

#2 06-10-2016 
My daughter is having issues too. I don't know the solution just letting you know you are not alone.

#3 06-10-2016 
  • Registered
Thanks for replying. I have been very curious if others are having the same problem. I've been googling for days looking for any info/fixes and can't seem to find anyone talking about this specific problem.

#4 06-10-2016 
Have you tried no cc? Do you have a camera mod?

#5 06-10-2016 
  • Registered
I use a very minimal amount of cc (23 downloads), but I did try removing them and it didn't seem to make a difference. I have been using gunmod's camera mod for years, but like I said it was working perfectly before just recently.

#6 07-10-2016 
Did you try removing the camera mod?

#7 20-10-2016 
  • Registered
I tried removing the camera mod and replacing the original camera files and it didn't help. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling as a last ditch effort and surprisingly it worked, but only for about a week. Two days ago it was back to the slow and blurry/juddering camera. Another thing I noticed is that when the camera was fast and smooth loading times were slightly faster and I had way more sims on community lots. Now I'm only getting 3 or 4 sims per lot. It seems like my game or my computer is randomly deciding that I don't have enough resources and down regulating the game? I don't know. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again, but it didn't work this time. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Also I'm not certain that I'm using the right graphics rules, as smooth edges is always greyed out in my game. Edges are smooth in the game anyway (because of my video card settings I imagine) but it's still odd.

Attached File(s)
.txt  VIDEOPOLIS-config-log.txt (Size: 10.26 KB / Downloads: 375)

#8 21-10-2016 
All seems to be set up well. Have you looked to see when the video card driver was last updated? What mods are you using? Have you got the Pescado mods from MATY to stop spawns of loads of NPCs?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option