NVIDIA and Windows 10
#1 05-11-2016 
  • Registered
I'm having trouble getting my Sims 2 game to not look like crap. I only have the option to set it at the tiniest screen option (800x600?) and the edges are bumpy even though everything is set on the highest settings. I've tried installing the NVIDIA graphics rules but none of them are helping even though I have NVIDIA graphics? Also when I click in the game there's glitches in the graphics. I have Windows 10. Thanks =)

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-VC1QNFM0-config-log.txt (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 408)

#2 05-11-2016 
You have dual Video cards, and the video card that is being used is the Intel one. So you need to install the following cards to fix your resolution and graphics.

You need to use this card: Intel Graphics Card Rules
and
Download Intel Video Card Rules for Intel® HD Graphics 520

You don't mention whether you have UC or the DVDs.

If you have UC it goes

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

It you have the DVDs it goes

\Program Files (x86)In the Program Folders\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

#3 05-11-2016 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel Oh yeah I have the UC, sorry about that. I just installed both of those things and put them in the proper folders and the game still isn't looking like it should. =/
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 06:33 PM by wreckognition.)

#4 06-11-2016 
@wreckognition

Can you upload another config-log.txt for me - make sure it's the most recent? I'll be able to tell what's happening. My suspicion is that if it's in the right place, that there is an Intel specific problem. But I won't know for sure until I see.

#5 07-11-2016 
  • Registered
How do I make sure it's the most recent? Will it have just automatically updated to have the new information?

#6 08-11-2016 
the config-log.txt file is updated each time. It should be the most recent time you've opened the game, but you can check by looking at the file in the file explorer (or file manager) - the date modified will have the date that it was last modified. As long as that is a newer date, you're good.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option