Sims 2 lagging issue, please help!
#1 26-11-2016 
  • Registered
Hi guys!
I'm quite new to this- never posted a thread on any game related forum but seems like I really need help with the lagging issue I've got.
I've done some reseach and tried some solutions people recommended but nothing works and if anything just makes it worse Sad
You guys seem to have helped to fix many problems so I thought as a last resort, maybe you would like to help me too please?

So basically I changed my OS from Windows Vista to Windows 10 and it worked fine for a couple of days but then some update installed (not sure if it was just a coincidence but the Sims started lagging. By lagging I mean that the loading time was ok but the actual graphic performance was terribly delayed, not 'fluid'. So for example all the sims' movements, scrolling, moving cursor, setting actions for Sims- it's lagging literally with every single thing which makes the game not playable.
Also you the quickest time forward only forwards actual time as the medium setting (if that makes sense. This starts as soon as you enter the neighbourhood and you can recognize something's off because the moving cars in the neighbourhood also lag Sad (I mean they don't just keep going but kind of stop every second)

Anyway as mentioned:
my OS is Windows 10, graphic card Radeon HD 7400M , Processor: AMD Phenom ™ ll N930 Quad-Core Processor 2,00GZ, RAM 4GB (anything else I should add?) Oh, and I run my game from DVDs.

I'd just like to mention that I have tried some things to fix the issue:
- obvious ones like changing the graphic settings (doesn't help at all)
- reinstalling the whole game (doesnt help either)
- compability troubleshooting (only gave me a 'black screen' issue
- removing Securom (I read about it on this website I think) but when I installed no cd crack the game won't run saying that 'Failed to enumeratte any Directx 9 compatible graphics adaptes' and to make sure I got it installed. But when I tried to get it installed I get the notification saying that I already have this or a newer version Sad

So as you can see, I am completely lost- don't see a way out of this... and now after I did all this my game doesn't even start.
I am so frustrated, I know it is a long post but if anyone can help, please I would be forever grateful!
As I mentioned it worked fine for a few days so I know it can defeinitely run on my spec and OS, just don't know if the update messed something up.

Anyway, please help if you can and if you think there is something else I could try Smile

#2 31-12-2016 
Have you considered purchasing a copy of Win7 Home Premium from Ebay? Works MUCH better than Win10.

#3 31-12-2016 
@LittleBlueCat
To fix this you don't need to purchase anything.

I can help you , but to start with I need your -config-log.txt

To find that look in the logs folder of your game folders. i.e. \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs\{yourpcname}-config-log.txt.

Attach it to thread using full editor.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option