Win 10, Sims 2, graphics
#1 01-12-2016 
  • Registered
Greetings,

Kiri, I understand you are not feeling well and I hope things change quickly for you in that regard. When you feel better and get a chance any help would be appreciated.

Long time Sims 2 player/mesher, I've dealt with just about every problem I thought there was, including working with a graphics card that was newer then the game, but I am stuck. Initially the game ran, just stuck in stretched 800x600 mode (no other resolutions available) and I altered it to run the store edition version so it would be compatible with my old neighborhood files. Changing the video card file and the graphic rules file was easy, but then the game wouldn't run cause it came up saying there was no direct x 9.0c device found (seems this was caused by having the low end set to 1024x768, changing it back to 800x600 fixed that). So I reverted the files, and somewhere else I found someone said to run it in window mode, seemed weird, but sure, it works in window mode but still no resolution adjustments available. I thought maybe I had made the changes wrong in the 2 files, so I downloaded and used that program you had listed and other then a tag line it put the same data in the files I had put in there. But still stuck at 800x600 mode. I made sure both files were in both Config and CSConfig folders as well.

Thanks for help people, it's a tough job under the best circumstances.

Tim aka Gry

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-4UTTC0O-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 408)

#2 07-12-2016 
  • Registered
Okay, never mind on this. I found a way to make it work. I placed the 1440x900 (native) into the low setting and it opened up a number of resolutions including the 1440x900.

#3 10-12-2016 
@Grykon

You've got the texture memory problem - so you'll need to download this fix: Download NVidia Texture Fix Max 1980x200

You may also need the video card fix, but let me know if the resolution needs fixing as well.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option