Sims 2 graphics went BACK to hay grass/solid water!
#1 04-12-2016 
I was over at MTS trying to figure out what my computer's graphics card is, and I also followed this tutorial to stop Sims 2 from giving me that ugly hay grass effect.

This is the MTS thread I asked for help in. It has more on my computer specs info, but Nysha said my comp is running integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics. Nysha then went on to say

Quote:Given that the ASUS docs suggested you had an actual GeForce graphics card as well, it's possible that the laptop has dual graphics, so it can switch between using the graphics card (better performance but shorter battery life) and the integrated graphics (poorer performance but longer battery life). If so, you should have a nVidia control panel icon in your system tray which will give you an option to switch to "high performance" graphics or something like that for TS2, which may fix the texture problems on its own.

If you do have switchable graphics, but still have texture problems in TS2, you'll want to add the graphics card's details to the .sgr files, not the integrated graphics. Dxdiag doesn't reliably tell you those details, but CPU-Z does.

I have no idea how to get my laptop to recognize the switchable graphics thing, but I am starting to think that could help with the stupid hay grass stuff..

All of that crap above is to say this:

Ever since I followed that MTS tutorial my comp has been acting rather slow (even though I was told the tutorial is compatible), and I just opened TS2UC up right now and saw it went back to the hay grass crap!

You guys have a myriad of tutorials and I am no techie by any means, so I don't know which one to click and follow. If someone could redirect to me to the proper guide or just help me in this thread it would be much appreciated!

Sorry for all this :/[/quote]

#2 05-12-2016 
#3 05-12-2016 
Can you upload your <mypcname>-config-log.txt from the My Documents\EA\The Sims 2\Logs\ folder.

I will be able to help you then.

The likelihood is that a windows update has made it so the game can't find your texture memory. It's easy to fix, but I need to see your log to point to the fix.

#4 07-12-2016 
(05-12-2016 03:45 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  Can you upload your <mypcname>-config-log.txt from the My Documents\EA\The Sims 2\Logs\ folder.

I will be able to help you then.

The likelihood is that a windows update has made it so the game can't find your texture memory. It's easy to fix, but I need to see your log to point to the fix.

Sure! Sorry for the late reply!

I also switched the simpleterrain false in the graphics sgr's back to true after I made this thread. Should I switch it back?

.txt  DESKTOP-DN7DN6U-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 449) '

---

@nanashi No I have not! If @celebkiriedhel thinks I should follow that tutorial, I'll do it! Thanks <3

#5 09-12-2016 
(05-12-2016 03:16 AM)nanashi Wrote:  Have you tried this: http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-...ility-with

I just went ahead and did this and it worked! Thanks!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option