Sims 2 DVD and Windows 10 Expansion Pack Download Crash
#1 07-12-2016 
  • Registered
Hello @celebkiriedhel ,

I am running the Sims 2 on a disk with a windows 10 operating system. The original game runs fine but when I try to install the expansion packs, it goes through the entire installation process and then asks me to insert the (original) Sims 2 disk 4. I do this and it tries to install an update, but then gives me the error code: TS2upd.exe Error and begins uninstalling the expansion pack. It uninstalls to 0% and then freezes and does not allow me to close the window. I found this site with a solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...da9?auth=1 , but the download suggested isn't safe according to Norton Security so I do not want to download it. Thank you in advance for all of your help,

-kshaye23

Attached File(s)
.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 8.34 KB / Downloads: 395)

#2 07-12-2016 
  • Registered
My apologies for double posting, I tried downloading the fix posted again and Norton said it was safe so I went ahead and proceeded. It now runs perfectly with Uni, Nightlife, Seasons, and a few stuff packs. The installation process for Free Time and Bon Voyage work perfectly but when I go to actually play the game it says I need a newer operating system and that they suggest Windows 2000 or better. As I said before I am running Windows 10 so I have no idea why I would get this error message. Thanks so much to anyone with any insight!

-KShaye23

Attached File(s)
.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 9.13 KB / Downloads: 395)

#3 10-12-2016 
Download this fix:

Graphic Rules
Intel191b Video Graphics.sgr

Install it in -

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

To be honest, I'm not sure why it's misreading the operating system - I would say that you may have to reinstall your game.
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option