Win10 and graphic card's nightmare that doesn't seem to go away
#11 10-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel Hey there once again. I just found out that although everything else works still perfectly, snow still keeps flickering in daylight. Is there anything to do even though we fixed it already or is that something that can't be fixed (as it didn't go away with the other problems)?
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 05:47 PM by buttersauce.)

#12 11-01-2017 
@buttersauce Can you post up a config-log.txt and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

#13 11-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel Ah yes, here it is.

Attached File(s)
.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 359)

#14 11-01-2017 
I'm not too sure what to do to fix this, but we'll have a go -

Go into a lot, any lot:

There is a Games Option -
in Lot View Options

Snow X-Ray Cursor - Turn it off.

And have another look.
Come back and let me know.

There's nothing in your config-log that suggests that there's a problem. So I'm guessing that it's the shader that comes with the snow that's the problem. If turning the Snow X-Ray Cursor off works, great.

If not - do you have any shader mods in your game?

#15 11-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

Turning the snow x-ray cursor off didn't work. I'm not entirely sure what shader mods are, so I may have some, but not sure. But since you mentioned shaders, I tried the boolProp useShaders false cheat just for fun and it fixed the flickering problem, HOWEVER making the game lag so hard it wasn't playable anymore.

#16 11-01-2017 
@buttersauce
Yeah, turning the shaders off isn't going to do a whole lot of good. Shaders are what gives the surfaces their look. Turning them off would make all the waters, etc go matte.
Shader mods are things that give effects - so water effects, sky effects are the most popular ones.

OK.

Go into Lot view.
Shift Ctrl C for dialog window -
boolProp showSnowOnGround false

save and go into Hood view, and tell me what you see.

#17 13-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

It didn't seem to change anything. In lot view the flickering went away since there wasn't any snow anymore, and in hood view it hasn't been a problem.

I just realized I've forgot to mention it before and maybe it makes a difference, but the flickering only occurs on floor tiles that are outside (as in the road next to the house, the floor on balcony etc), but nowhere else (not on grass area).

#18 14-01-2017 
@buttersauce

Ahh! ok. That's a different story. Turn your shadows off and see if that makes a difference. My suspicion is that the 'flickering' that you're getting is the two planes coinciding. It flickers when it can't work out which one goes on top - and then it estimates it by taking some of the top and some of the bottom. You can turn your snow back on, using the same command but sticking a 'true' in it.

#19 14-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

It didn't work. I also removed all my downloads to make sure the problem wasn't in the mods I'm using and that didn't change anything either.

#20 15-01-2017 
@buttersauce Can you post a config-log file - it will tell me what's on and what's off.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option