Can't place empty lots in empty custom neighborhood.
#11 31-12-2016 
(27-12-2016 11:40 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  I just double checked the placing of lots, and where you have things marked in red I had no issue. This is all maxis default lots. Are you using custom lots? Like sunnyside lots? Or some other template?

No, I'm just using/trying to place regular, empty lots.

(28-12-2016 01:50 AM)gayars Wrote:  Could you try deleting your neighborhood manager? If it isn't a problem with the actual hood, your folder/neighborhood manager may have gotten corrupted.

Neighborhood manager? What's that?

I'm beginning to wonder if the base neighborhood I edited using HoodReplace caused a problem for this subhood..Do you think that could be it?

#12 31-12-2016 
E:\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods Here is my version, but it is probably a little different for you. Try going into the Neighborhoods folder in documents/sims 2 and deleting the neighborhood manager package. should be the only thing outside the folders that are inside the neighborhoods folder.

Possible on hood replace? not sure.

#13 31-12-2016 
(31-12-2016 01:27 AM)tictactoe Wrote:  Neighborhood manager? What's that?

That's a file in your "Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2" folder or something similar, depending on which version of the Sims you have. The file is named "Neighborhoodmanager.package". Sometimes, it helps to delete that file, but it DOES cause a reset in every hood.

#14 31-12-2016 
(31-12-2016 02:30 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 01:27 AM)tictactoe Wrote:  Neighborhood manager? What's that?

That's a file in your "Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2" folder or something similar, depending on which version of the Sims you have. The file is named "Neighborhoodmanager.package". Sometimes, it helps to delete that file, but it DOES cause a reset in every hood.

What kind of reset are we talking about?? That sounds a bit Yikes! to me, haha!

#15 31-12-2016 
It's the kind of thing where all sims that were in bed when you left their lot, will suddenly stand next to their beds with all their motives at the default levels when you reload. Sims that were at work or school, may suddenly find themselves at home, being treated as if they missed a day of work/school. Some sims may even appear to be unable to return home.

And that will happen in all households in all hoods, when you remove the 'Nm'. Indeed sounds yikes, and yuck as well, but in some cases it's better than the alternative. A matter of choice: which do you like better? That your hoods are reset and you have to correct some inconveniences? Or that your sims all continue their lives while their hoods get irreparably corrupted?

And I'm not directly saying that this is one such circumstance where you have no choice. Because I don't know that for certain. But deleting the nm might be an option that needs consideration.

#16 02-01-2017 
(31-12-2016 12:00 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  It's the kind of thing where all sims that were in bed when you left their lot, will suddenly stand next to their beds with all their motives at the default levels when you reload. Sims that were at work or school, may suddenly find themselves at home, being treated as if they missed a day of work/school. Some sims may even appear to be unable to return home.

And that will happen in all households in all hoods, when you remove the 'Nm'. Indeed sounds yikes, and yuck as well, but in some cases it's better than the alternative. A matter of choice: which do you like better? That your hoods are reset and you have to correct some inconveniences? Or that your sims all continue their lives while their hoods get irreparably corrupted?

And I'm not directly saying that this is one such circumstance where you have no choice. Because I don't know that for certain. But deleting the nm might be an option that needs consideration.

I deleted the file and I still can't place lots in those specifics areas I highlighted. I'm guessing the terrain itself is actually f-ed up.

#17 02-01-2017 
I'm sorry to read that even that didn't help. I'm not an expert by far, but it begins to sound to me like you might be right, @tictactoe; perhaps this terrain is broken.

#18 02-01-2017 
Have you tried redownloading it? Your copy might have been corrupted/broken during download.

Sorry, that is a members only option