i need help with lag
#1 29-12-2016 
  • Registered
hi guys im new here and this is my first time using windows 10 but my sims 2 is really slow and laggy even in build and buy mode i love the sims 2 with all my heart when im stressed out i turn to the sims for my fun but i really need help plzzzz help me i wanna play and make wonderful familys ive tried every single thing im not much of a computer person can y'all help me Sad it even lags when i switch to a different sim....

#2 29-12-2016 
I moved the post. Please post your configuration log etc.

#3 29-12-2016 
  • Registered
i dont know how to get my config files your gonna have to show me step by step plllzzzzz and thank you

#4 29-12-2016 
@jujuthesims2 right above the box where you typed in your reply, it says:

Before you post requesting help
Information we need
  1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

The config log will be called <YOURUSERNAME>-config-log.txt (where "<yourusername>" is your user name on your computer. It won't actually be "yourusername," it will be something else Smile). You attach it to your post by using the full editor, again as described above. (If you don't know how to find and add the file, I can walk you through it if you want.)

I understand you're not computer savvy (and young?), and that's perfectly fine, but for anybody here to be able to help you, you do need to be able to follow written instructions. (No, I'm not saying that to be mean, it's merely a statement of fact. Many people here are happy to help and to give you detailed instructions on how to do things - but you're the one who'll have to do them in the end. That, we can't do for you.)

#5 29-12-2016 
  • Registered
@NixNivis can u plz walk me through it and yes im young im 17 years old and dont know anything about computers

#6 29-12-2016 
  • Registered
file:///C:/Users/denishalee%20torres/Desktop/here%20the%20config%20file/New%20Text%20Document.txt its on here just copy and past

#7 30-12-2016 
(29-12-2016 10:14 PM)jujuthesims2 Wrote:  file:///C:/Users/denishalee%20torres/Desktop/here%20the%20config%20file/New%20Text%20Document.txt its on here just copy and past

That is your C drive. If you cannot read the instructions then we cannot help you.

Do NOT pm me about this issue.

#8 30-12-2016 
Do NOT PM me either. I will only answer you here.

#9 30-12-2016 
@jujuthesims2 copying and pasting the path is not how you attach a file. All that tells us is where on your computer the file is, but there's no way for us to access it from there. You have to attach the file and upload it here for any of us to be able to read it.

Also, you seem to think that all of us can help you fix this, but unfortunately that's not the case. Help you with things like attaching files, sure, most of us can do that - but only one person here can help you with fixing your graphics, and that's @celebkiriedhel a.k.a. Kiri. So starting new threads and PM'ing random board members will not get you the help you need - all that will do is tick people off. Dodgy Also, Kiri's in Australia, which I'm guessing is in a time zone far far away from where you are, so she'll be asleep when you're awake more often than not, and she's helping a lot of other people besides yourself - which means there will be a delay before you get a reply. Starting new threads and PM'ing other people won't help with that, either. Sorry for the tough love, but that's just the way it is.

Now, let's attach that config log. Smile

Below the text box where you type your replies, there are three buttons. The last one is called Full Editor - click on that one. This will take you to a new page, where you have a toolbar above the text box and some new stuff below it: a "Browse" button, a text area where it says "No file selected", and an "Add" button. Click on "Browse".

Now a window called File Transfer will pop up, that probably/hopefully opens to your desktop. In the LEFT pane, you have a folder with your user name (double click to expand it if it isn't open already). There, go to My Documents (again, double click to expand) -> EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Logs.

In the RIGHT pane, you'll now see a bunch of text files. One of them will be called <yourpcname>-config-log.txt in the name (depending on your Windows settings you might not see the .txt part, but that's fine). Double click on it.

Now the pop-up window will close automatically, and you'll be back on the page with the Browse and Add buttons - but now, if you look at the text area where it said "no file selected" before, you'll now see the name of your config log instead. Great! You're almost there! Smile Now click on the "Add" button next to it, and give the site a moment to process it - it's done when the name of your file appears below the text area and the buttons. Type something in the reply box above if you want, and then hit the "Post reply" button below. And done! Big Grin

I hope that helps. I won't be on any more this evening (I'm in Sweden, so it's evening where I am), so if you need any more help with this, I'm going to have to refer you to someone else (in this thread, do NOT PM people). Best of luck!

#10 30-12-2016 
Indeed, at the risk of overstating the obvious, I would add that PM-ing random people is never a good idea, unless you've know them for a while and want to discuss something PERSONAL with them. Otherwise, the only thing that sending PMs here and there will achieve, is to alienate everyone.

Game- and computer-related requests for help, though, should always all be posted in a single public forum thread.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option