PLEASE READ!!! Status as at 30 Dec 2016
#1 30-12-2016 
1. I'm feeling a lot better finally, although not a lot of stamina.

2. I will be back full time on the Graphic Rules forum after Jan 2 . I will be answering all posts from Page 1 - 3.

3. I have Closed and locked all the threads on pages 4 - 9 - People need to start their own thread.

4. Please note: I HAVE to have your {yourpcname}-Config-log.txt from your logs folder. The How to is above every time you post and reply -

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click below to attach a text file.
Your operating System.
What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

5. Following someone else's help thread will not necessarily help you because they have different systems, graphic cards or game configurations.
999/1000 times, the problem can be resolved from information from that log file.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#2 04-09-2017 
  • Registered
[/code][/php]

Hi, I recently downloaded and installed a 'illegitimate' soft copy(I know it's wrong but I LOVE this game) of The Sims 2 after seeing a video on youtube and ran into the 'DirectX 9 emulation' problem on Windows 10. So after some digging I found this site and went through everything and downloaded Graphic Rules-MedCpu-missing texture.rar files for Intel (My video card), and replaced the sgr files in the config and csconfig folders. Now the 'dx9 mulation' error dialogue box is now gone and the game runs(i think) but shows a black screen with a mouse pointer and there is another error notif sound with a very small dialogue box with a rex 'x' on it. (Couldn't take a screenshot but attached my log and dxdiag files).
I've been wanting to play this game for almost 9 years now and I havent found a hard copy where I live so I'd VERY MUCH appreciate any help.☺

P.s I'm new here and don't know how forums or tumblrs work. Sorry if I do or say anything funny.

Attached File(s)
.txt  SIDZHOMEDESKTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 5.93 KB / Downloads: 309)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 46.99 KB / Downloads: 745)

#3 14-09-2017 
  • Registered
I have an Asus computer with intel® Core™i7-4700 CPU, 32GB memory, 64bit operatint system and aNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card. I am running windows 10, everything is updated. My Sims 2 smoothe edges is greyed out. Is there a fix for this?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option