Sims 2 UC Crashes
#1 07-01-2017 
  • Registered
Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and attempting to play Sims 2 Ultimate Collection without it crashing.

I recently reinstalled the Sims 2 UC from Origin, because my issue with the first installation was that I had error message crashes involving EP9 not working correctly. I was told by EA support to uninstall all of my Sims 2 products and Origin, including those previously downloaded onto my laptop (I had double deluxe before), which I did. I even used Revo to uninstall traces of them, as EA support suggested. I ran the game again after the reinstall of UC, and the crashing persists. It crashes when I try to load a family to play, and it crashed at the clothes section of CAS. However, the difference after the reinstall is that before, I wasn't able to go through the neighborhood story (the arrow button wouldn't change the story page), but now it does. Not sure if that makes a big difference, but that's just what I noticed.

For reference, before the reinstall, I tried with the Windows vista service pack 2 compatibility mode, and also tried repairing the game on Origin, based on EA support's advice. However, the issue still persisted. I was told my computer hardware is sufficient to run the game properly, so since the reinstall didn't work (which was my last resort, really), I hope someone can offer some insight as to what the issue could be. My log is attached, and the pic attached shows the message I would receive.

Update: I tried lowering or turning off a bunch of the graphics/game settings, and finally, a family could be loaded! However, it eventually crashed in the middle of a fast-forward. I tried a different family, and that one crashed at the loading screen. Both were single families.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  CINDY-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 376)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 03:53 PM by saytion.)

#2 09-01-2017 
@saytion

Hi Wendy - download these two files

Download Graphic Rules - INTEL
Download Video Cards.sgr - Intel 0116

Install them into these 2 folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Try going into your game again. Come back and let me know if you're still having problems.

#3 10-03-2018 
  • Registered
I am having the same problems, I downloaded both of those and put them in the folders. Still crashes. Is there anything else you know of that could help?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option