[split] The sims 2 does not recognize my 960m graphics card
#1 07-01-2017 
Where do I make this modification for the sims 2 to recognize my video card? I have a gtx 960m 4gb, and the sims 2 ultimate collection

#2 07-01-2017 
On my laptop, I have the 960m 4gb graphics card, however, my sims 2 ultimate collection does not recognize it, using only the integrated graphics card (HD graphics 530), I do not know how to fix the problem, since I want to use the 960m, not I get it in no way !! I already tried using the graphics rules maker, but it did not work.

Note: I own Windows 10 Pro.

Please help me !!
Thank you !!

#3 09-01-2017 
@Augusto

I need for you to post up your config-log.txt so I can see what is going on before I can help you further. Please follow the instructions that show up when you post.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
Your operating System.
What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

#4 09-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

Log generated on 1/9/2017, 13:11

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 3225.599853Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 2048MB
User: augus
Computer: AUGUSTODESK
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 139b, Board: 07061028, Chipset: 00a2
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 21.21.13.6909, GUID: D7B71E3E-50DB-11CF-6569-0B2718C2D835
Driver version: 6909
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.773195, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 32MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1

I think the game is not working at 960m ... because it has lag
And fps drop.

Do you need any more information?

Attached File(s)
.txt  AUGUSTODESK-config-log.txt (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 536)
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2017 08:36 PM by Augusto.)

#5 27-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

Please, could you find some solution to my problem? Sorry for my lack of understanding for English ... I'm Brazilian and would appreciate if you can answer me in the simplest way possible, because I'm using google translator.

@celebkiriedhel

Sorry for the multiple posts I have made, let's keep in touch only with this one, okay?
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2017 08:36 PM by Augusto.)

#6 15-02-2017 
@Augusto

The config-log.txt that you've attached and the one you've displayed have different values, which one is the most recent? I'm going to assume it's the attached one.

Also you say that it only recognises the Intel card, but the config-log.txt on both of them have the NVidia card.

NVidia has a number of problems, and so does Ultimate Collection with lag issues - there's a full post on just NVidia issue -

Windows 10 and NVidia Issues

Also you will need to do these points because of Ultimate Collection:

1. You have securom - disable it (securom doesn't work with Windows 10), and use a noCD hack.
HOW-TO: Removing Securom and a noCD hack (Thanks Arily)

2. Use the CFF Explorer to increase the amount of RAM that the game can use if you have a bucketload of RAM (Sims maximum is set at 2G).
Tutorial for using CFF Explorer

3. You've done all these and you're still lagging?
Defrag your PC, and run checkdisk.

Come back to me and let me know what you've done and how it's gone.

#7 21-08-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

I made a modification with CFF Explorer and i used too in Graphic Rules Maker. ( sugered for you)

Observation: I noticed a difference of FPS after running manually with "Nvidia high performance processor" (corresponding to dedicated video card).
My game runs at 60fps, but it has fps crashes and that should not occur.

I believe the problem is a delay in the game, which must be related to Securerom, i will make that process of removing it.
I have a question: in the post you suggested, not have a download link for "no-cd"
Do you have this link with you?
(Put on the link please)

Another thing, the non-cd is used after the removal securerom ?
in the case of The Sims 2 ultimate collection, what is a lastest EP ?

I have noticied that some dowloads for non-cds contain malwares or not work
As should.
So I'm asking you for the download link of it, because I will have the guarantee of proper functioning.

Thank you!

I hope you understood me.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option