Graphics help?
#1 15-01-2017 
  • Registered
I recently got a new computer and installed sims 2 Ultimate Collection from origin today. On gameplay, or Build/buy mode, everytime I move even just a little bit my screen flickers? I run on Windows 10. I tried to fiddle with the graphics in game but: it's stuck at 800x600, and smooth edges is locked. Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: Black boxes are below my sims...

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

.txt  WINDOWS-LV4EBGP-config-log.txt (Size: 9.6 KB / Downloads: 414)
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 01:57 AM by jujubee.)

#2 18-01-2017 
@jujubee

You need to download these cards
Graphic Rules - Intel - Texture Fix
Video Cards.sgr Intel 191b

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

To fix the black box under the sims - use this hack by Nopke

Sim Shadow Fix

#3 29-01-2017 
  • Registered
thank you, the settings work now...but now the game crashes after a while when i enter a neighborhood. how can i fix this?

#4 01-02-2017 
@jujubee

What do you mean when you say after a while - when you have played the game for a while, or when you first go into a neighbourhood?

#5 23-02-2017 
  • Registered
it happened when I was editing the neighborhood and adding new lots. It rarely happens any more but it was frequent, and happened the most in neighborhood editing.

#6 23-02-2017 
@jujubee

If you have a look in the log folder there is likely to be a text file that starts with 'Sims Exception' - find the most recent one and attach it.

That being said - this sort of crashing, if it's not because of a mod or CC, would be difficult to track down.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option