DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics
#1 21-01-2017 
Hello everyone!
I've installed The Sims 2 + all the packeges but I can not run the game. It gives me this error: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lates drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will not terminate." I have DirectX 12 so it shouldn't be the problem. But I have Windows 10 taht might be the problem although I did everything based on thread I'd found here. But I still get the same error.

May you help me please? I've added the config-log.txt
.txt  NOMIPEPI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 835)

Thank you!

#2 23-01-2017 
Hello everyone!
So I reinstalled the Sims 2 completely. I could finally launch the game but the texture was bad so I edited it, texture was ok but when I wanted to create a sim/family it crashed so I tried other things here but nothing helped. Then I tried Graphics Rule Maker and now I can't launch it at all, I always get the message as I'd used before: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lates drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will not terminate."

What can I do now? Please help! It's driving me crazy :-(

Attached File(s)
.txt  NOMIPEPI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.23 KB / Downloads: 640)

#3 25-01-2017 
@nomi

Please use this card - Graphics Rules - Intel

and install it in

In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

It *should* work then.

#4 25-01-2017 
Hello @celebkiriedhel thank you very much for your answer, I appraciate you offering me help with my game!

So I've put it into both folders, I can launch the game but it's crashing when I want to create a family. It's crashing during the loading.
I also cannot change the screen size. It offers me only 800x600 and 1024x768, so I have black lines on left and right side of my screen (I hope you understand what I mean, sorry for my English).

I'm adding my new config-log and the error which I've found. Maybe it'll help, I am not sure.

Please, let me know if you needed something more from me to attached.

Thank you again, you're very sweet that you help everyone here.

-
Nomi

Attached File(s)
.txt  NOMIPEPI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.15 KB / Downloads: 675)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2017.01.25 21.12.54.txt (Size: 11.27 KB / Downloads: 596)

#5 26-01-2017 
@nomi

Interestingly - the config-log.txt is telling me - The graphics rules change hasn't been picked up. When it is, a message of "Kiri: Force Low settings because Intel removed" is in the config-log.txt

These are the folders it needs to go in usually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

The only time that is not true is if you have a collection pack - similiar to Fun with Pets, or Big with Business etc. In that case you should look for the folder that has the Sims2EPnn.exe where nn is the highest number (I think 99?)

#6 26-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

I've attached print screens of my folders. I have the CDs, I don't have Ultimate Collection or Fun with Pets. So I guess it should be right to put it to Mansion and Garden. Maybe I should delete the "graphics rules - old"? Can it be causing the crash? I thought I would have keep it there if I messed up something. Let me know, please.

Thank you!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#7 26-01-2017 
@nomi

I wasn't specifically meaning fun with pets or Ultimate Collection. There have been a number of other collection packs as well - Mansion and Gardens is the final stuff pack.

What other expansion packs do you have - if you can give me a screen shot of the
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\

Folder - that might work better at finding out if there's another place it should go.

I would change the graphic rules-old.sgr to graphic rules-old.old that way it definitely won't be picking that one up. It *might* be that, although I can't say for certain.

#8 26-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel
I think I have all of them actually. I've attached the screen shot so you can have a look. I was isntalling it all one by one. Could have I messed up the order? Or it does not matter? It worked on my old laptop, there was Win 7.

I've copied the graphics rules-old and put it to my desktop and have deleted it from the folders.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#9 26-01-2017 
@nomi

See the one that says Double Deluxe? That's a collection pack. If you look into that one you'll find that the Sims exe has a number higher than 9. That's the folder system you need to put your graphic rules into.

#10 26-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

I'm so sorry, I must be really blond... Big Grin

I looked into the folder but I don't have the sims exe higher than 9. I have only EP2 and SP4. I put it into both folders of these but nothing has changed, it's crashed again. Isn't it odd that I don't have the sims exe higher than 9? Could it go wrong during the installation? Maybe I could try to ask my friend, she has the base game, no double deluxe and maybe I could try to install it and then add packs although I don't have Night Life and Celebration stuff separately. I don't mind Night Life but I've liked the celebration pack but maybe she's got these too, I am not sure.

Do you think it could be the solution? It's giving me hard time that it is not working.

I'm so so thankful that you're looking at my problem, it's very very nice of you!
I hope we'll be albe to make it work somehow.

I'm adding latest config-log and the error when it crashed.

Attached File(s)
.txt  NOMIPEPI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.15 KB / Downloads: 561)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2017.01.26 18.21.17.txt (Size: 11.27 KB / Downloads: 602)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option