Sims 2 CAS and possible texture problem
#1 26-01-2017 
  • Registered
Hello Everyone!

I just recently installed Sims 2 onto my computer along with many of the expansions and have come across some issues that appear to be pretty common with Windows 10 operating systems. My computer runs the Windows 10 operating system. Whenever I create a sim, the game will crash and the foliage and textures of the towns seem to be off. To go more into detail, the main problem is creating a sim. I can build houses and play already existing families. But once I go into creating a family, create a last name, and click the add sim icon, the application will fail and terminate. Hopefully I've added the config log correctly. I've missed this game for a long time and have been so excited to play. Sad If anyone could help, I would be incredibly happy.

Thank you, Carmela

Attached File(s)
.txt  CARMELA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.06 KB / Downloads: 465)

#2 26-01-2017 
@CarmelaC

Download these cards -
Graphic Rules - Intel
Video Cards.sgr - Intel - 0126

And install them in -

In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Free Time\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Free Time\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

You will also need to right-click on Sims2EP7.exe and troubleshoot compatibility.
And change it to run as Admin.

You don't mention which Operating System you have, so I'm assuming you have Windows 10.

#3 26-01-2017 
  • Registered
Thank you so much for your help!!!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option