[split] DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics
#1 27-01-2017 
Good evening. Windows 10. Hardened Simmer here. Thank you in advance!!!! Recently gave up trying to play anything on my old old Dell laptop as she wouldn't play nice any more with Windows Update. Finally broke down and bought a new Dell Insperion to do nothing but play Sims on. I get the "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will not terminate." error. I have tried many of the fixes here...including the Graphics Rule Maker. I have attached the txt file, but there isn't much in it. Hope I am not screwed. BTW, TS4 plays beautifully. Again, thank you for any help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-2HR9CFR-config-log.txt (Size: 1.09 KB / Downloads: 515)

#2 27-01-2017 
@asimwen

Hi - can you do a dxdiag and attach the text file that you can export from it? That will help me to set up a graphic rules and video cards.sgr that will fix this problem.

#3 27-01-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

See attached. I did try to make the game look at the Nvidia card instead of the chip...that is when the error throws as well. Again, my thanks cannot be enough for your time.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 92.29 KB / Downloads: 1037)

#4 02-02-2017 
@celebkiriedhel. I neglected to mention that I have the DVD version of TS2 installed. Thank you.

#5 02-02-2017 
@asimwen

These are the cards you need. Don't worry about getting the NVidia to work, Intel is more than good enough. So we'll do that one first. NVidia has been giving Sims 2 trouble so it's better to get Intel working as that is the one you'll need to go back to if we can't get the NVidia one to work.

Download these two cards:

Download Graphics Rules - Intel
Download Video Cards - Intel - 591b

Install them in your most recent expansion pack - Unless you have a deluxe or a collection expansion, then they need to be installed in there as well.

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Also - launch your game from a shortcut.

In the shortcut, right click to get properties - then
Set it up to Run as Administrator,
And Change Compatibility settings for all users

[Image: tumblr_obkz7hEpwd1syf1c4o1_540.jpg]

When you get into your game, set your smooth edges to Max.

Let me know how you go.

#6 04-02-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

I appreciate your time. Maybe I am showing my age, don't know how to get around these errors.

I received the same error when attempting to extract both.

! C:\Users\asimw\Downloads\Graphics Rules-INTEL.rar: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr
Access is denied.
! C:\Users\asimw\Downloads\Graphics Rules-INTEL.rar: No files to extract

Thank you.

#7 04-02-2017 
@asimwen

Are you trying to extract it into C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\

It may be that you have a lock on that folder that doesn't allow it. Try extracting it in the downloads folder first, then moving it to that folder.
Also check that the account you are using on your windows operating system has administration rights.

#8 04-02-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

Before I move on, I want to say that my .exe file is the no CD crack. I probably need to know if I installed it correctly, I dropped it in the folder for Mansions and Gardens. I downloaded it from here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/54657/. I don't know if that has anything to do with the difficulty I am having now. At any rate, I extracted the video card files to a folder on my desktop, then copied them over to the locations you outlined above. When I attempt to right click on the shortcut and choose Properties there is no compatibility tab.

[Image: no%20compatibality%20tab_zpsrt2h1xiw.png]

However, the menu itself offers "Run As Administrator"

[Image: menu_zpsuw4wcdy1.png]

Clicking this causes the game to try to start, and I get the DirectX 9 error. Clicking on the Troubleshoot Compatibility places the shortcut in Vista ServicePack 2. It seems I do not have access to the screens to set the compatibility myself.

However, the game still will not start. Thank you.

~asimwen

#9 04-02-2017 
@ celebkiriedhel

(04-02-2017 06:32 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @asimwen

Are you trying to extract it into C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\

It may be that you have a lock on that folder that doesn't allow it. Try extracting it in the downloads folder first, then moving it to that folder.
Also check that the account you are using on your windows operating system has administration rights.

Yes I was trying to extract directly into the folder.

I double checked, and I am set as system administrator. However, I noted that Windows Security still did not allow me to make direct changes to the folder. Strange. So I changed that. I extracted the graphics rules and video card files into their own folders, then copied them to the folder you outlined above. Same Directx error.

#10 04-02-2017 
@celebkiriedhel

I fiddled around with security settings, can now (not that I need to) extract directly to the folders outlined above. Ran compatibility checker and tried Windows 7, 8, Vista, and XPServicePack 3. Directx Error.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option