VIDEO CARDS FIX need some help making one for my card
#1 29-01-2017 
  • Registered
Hello, I just recently upgraded to a brand new gaming pc. But my Sims 2 game wont run at all. It crashes at the end of the loading screen or when it does actually load up the graphics are horrible and unplayable. I found your thread and have been trying to fix my game, but i am the worst at technology and codes, I was needing some help making the video card sgr section for the files because i have a card that wasn't on the list provided, and saw somewhere that someone could possibly help me with that. Any help would be amazing please and thank you very much! c:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  DESKTOP-TC87CE1-config-log.txt (Size: 10.16 KB / Downloads: 404)

#2 01-02-2017 
@gabysimmer

You haven't mentioned whether you have Ultimate Collection or the DVDs installed.

Please take these cards:

Video Card - Radeon - 67df
Graphic Rules - Radeon

If you have Ultimate Collection put it in:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

If you have the DVDs

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Note: if you have a Deluxe or a compilation dvd, you will need to put them in that one as well as the most recent.

#3 08-02-2017 
  • Registered
Thank you so much! I have the UC, I put these in so far they work , but how do i enable smooth edges that option is grayed out?

UPDATE: my game keeps crashing. First with the dIRECT ERROR OUT OF VID MEMORY. Now it crashes in mid main loading screen with no message.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 06:25 AM by gabysimmer.)

#4 08-02-2017 
@gabysimmer

Can you give me a new config-log.txt file to look at? I'll see if it's card related.

#5 08-02-2017 
  • Registered
Here is the updated config log, thank you for helping me!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-TC87CE1-config-log.txt (Size: 9.21 KB / Downloads: 403)

#6 09-02-2017 
@gabysimmer

Yeah, You're getting the texture memory problem.

Can you do a dxdiag for me, and save the report and upload it for me? I'll set up a card for you to fix this.

#7 09-02-2017 
  • Registered
Thank you for taking a look at it for me, and sure thing ill do the dxdiag. The only thing is i'm not too sure how to do the dxdiag, would you mind explaining it to me. I just dont want to mess anything up and give you the wrong info. Thank you!

#8 10-02-2017 
In Windows 10

press windows key + R

Will bring up a window called "Run".

type: dxdiag

Will run dxdiag.

At the bottom of the window is a a button 'Save All information'. That is the text file I need to fix your system.

#9 10-02-2017 
  • Registered
Thank you , and here you go this should be the right thing.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 76.59 KB / Downloads: 485)

#10 15-02-2017 
  • Registered
Hey sorry to bother, but was wondering if I did the dxdiag thing right?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option